My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Tyler Allred

May 7, 2003 09:09 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Black Crested Night Heron?

Posted By Tyler Allred

Taken on 4/4/03 with my Nikon 4300 through the eyepiece of my Swarovski ATS65. Enjoy!
Tyler

May 8, 2003 04:33 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Bald Eagle against a blue sky

Posted By Tyler Allred

Just another eagle shot...how about those talons!
TA

May 8, 2003 04:42 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Osprey

Posted By Tyler Allred

Lots vignetting through my Swarovski ATS65 when the camera is zoomed out....but still a beautiful bird.

May 8, 2003 04:51 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Flicker

Posted By Tyler Allred

This one is through my Celestron 5 at 50X from about 250 ft. Enjoy!
TA

May 8, 2003 08:18 PM Forum: Eyepieces

2" diagonal for a Celestron C5??

Posted By Tyler Allred

Hi,
Does anyone out there know if it is possible to put a 2" diagonal onto a Celestron C5? I am using it with a digital camera, mostly for terrestrial photography, and would really like the extra light and larger field of view of a quality 2" eyepiece. It would also be great for astronomical observing! I was told that the 2" diagonal will hit the focus knob on the C5, but if the diagonal had a reasonable range of motion, that may not matter to me. Any help would be appreciated.
TA

May 8, 2003 08:32 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

2" diagonal for a Celestron C5 ???

Posted By Tyler Allred

Hi,
Does anyone out there know if it is possible to put a 2" diagonal onto a Celestron C5? I am using it with a digital camera, mostly for terrestrial photography, and would really like the extra light and larger field of view of a quality 2" eyepiece. It would also be great for astronomical observing! I was told that the 2" diagonal will hit the focus knob on the C5, but if the diagonal had a reasonable range of motion, that may not matter to me. Any help would be appreciated.
TA

May 9, 2003 02:00 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Osprey drying itself after a dip!

Posted By Tyler Allred

This bird had just caught a fish (on the branch to his left, but not really visible) and it was fluffing its feathers to dry off after the big plunge. Its not the sharpest photo I have ever taken, but I found it interesting to look at.
TA

May 9, 2003 08:41 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

More from the Heron Rookery

Posted By Tyler Allred

Here is another shot from the Heron Rookery in Heber Valley.
Cheers,
Ty

May 9, 2003 09:03 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

More from the rookery

Posted By Tyler Allred

This heron was trying to stand on flimsy branches in a fairly strong wind. He (or she?) kept losing his (or her?) balance and flapping violently to regain it. It was fun to watch! The original image shows that the bird has a patch that is missing all the feathers (do herons have brood patches??) on his right shoulder. It is hard to see clearly in this smaller version. I have noticed it on several of the birds in the rookery.
Cheers,
Ty

May 9, 2003 09:21 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Heron close-up

Posted By Tyler Allred

It just kills me to take these detailed originals at 2272x1704 pixels and reduce them to fit on the screen. All the intricate details disappear. Oh well! I still like these close-ups (taken from 400 ft). I think the dark gray sky helps this one as well.
Ty