My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Tyler Allred

May 9, 2003 09:39 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

White Heron?

Posted By Tyler Allred

I think this is a white heron that just showed up today at the rookery. I took about 20 close-up pics of it and none of them turned out to be worth a &^$@#*%! It looks much to big to be an egret, and had very long thin feathers that blew everywhere in the wind. I'll try to get a better photo on Monday.
Cheers,
Ty

May 10, 2003 07:30 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

The birds that can look you straight in the eye!

Posted By Tyler Allred

Sandhills taking a feeding stroll together.
Ty

May 10, 2003 07:38 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

The other view!

Posted By Tyler Allred

When watching feeding sandhills, this is the view you get most of the time!
Ty

May 10, 2003 02:00 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Mule Deer Buck below a Large Dam

Posted By Tyler Allred

This one was taken last fall below a large earthen dam. I especially like the colored boulders that provide such a nice background. If anyone is interested, I have photos of many nice bucks taken this past fall and winter, including some real beauties.

May 10, 2003 04:13 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Red Fox

Posted By Tyler Allred

This little guy hung around my jobsite last fall. He was pretty nervous most of the time, but I did manage to get a few good shots from about 200 ft. Enjoy!
Ty

May 10, 2003 07:34 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Another "Pigeon" (aka Mourning Dove)

Posted By Tyler Allred

Fresh off the camera....I couldn't pass the evening light.
Ty

May 10, 2003 07:52 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Another Muley

Posted By Tyler Allred

Taken last fall above Orem, UT (from about 400 yds).
Ty

May 10, 2003 11:07 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

A bigger buck

Posted By Tyler Allred

Here is a beauty...how about the height on those antlers! Taken last fall, during the rut, near Midway, Utah.
Enjoy,
Ty

May 11, 2003 11:58 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Big Muley - walking away

Posted By Tyler Allred

This photo was taken on Feb. 7th near Deer Creek reservoir in Utah. He gave me plenty of time to take pictures, including this one that really shows his wide rack (30+ inches). I have several more good shots of him that I may post later.
Happy Shutters,
Ty

May 11, 2003 12:10 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Peeking Buck!

Posted By Tyler Allred

This little buck was standing at the edge of a dense group of trees, just 100 yds from the parking lot for my office. He stood there and let me set up my Swarovski and camera (which takes a couple of minutes), and then let me take several photos. I kept hoping that he would move enough to see both eyes, but he was completely motionless. After a few more minutes, he turned and disappeared into the trees. He is not the most impressive buck around, but I really like the feeling of the image.
Cheers,
Ty