My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Tyler Allred

May 18, 2003 11:31 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Irridescent Feathers (Sorry...I Lied!)

Posted By Tyler Allred

I decided to post this pic (with no head) because that is the only posture I saw these birds in all day.

May 18, 2003 07:33 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Action shot attempt

Posted By Tyler Allred

I've been so envious of the great action shots that several of you have posted (you know who you are), that I went out tonight to try to get something passable. I took my daughters to Lincoln Point on Utah Lake and took several shots. Most of them were junk, but this one turned out OK. This was taken through my C5 with an f6.3 focal reducer and a TeleVue 40mm Plossl with a Scopetronix "Adaptaview U" fitted to my Nikon 4300. It was taken from about 200 yards.
Cheers,
Ty

May 19, 2003 04:48 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Species? (Tanager?)

Posted By Tyler Allred

Sorry to ask again...but these showed up a few days ago and I have been trying to get a decent photo since then. I hope its good enough to make a positive ID. The sun was right behind him and it was very hard to get a good image.
Thanks,
Ty

May 19, 2003 05:07 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Another action photo

Posted By Tyler Allred

These pelicans were flying along about 1 foot above the water, into a stiff wind, and suddenly one would dive into the water...I assume to catch a fish. It was very cool to watch them in action.

Ty

PS Notice all the other birds in the area!

May 19, 2003 05:12 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Successful Fishing!

Posted By Tyler Allred

I caught him with a fresh catch!
Ty

May 19, 2003 07:50 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Big Provo River Buck

Posted By Tyler Allred

This was taken in February from about 700 yards. It pushed my optics a bit too much, but man what a beautiful buck.
Ty

May 19, 2003 09:09 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Nikon D100 Question?

Posted By Tyler Allred

Can you take photos through the eyepiece with a D100? Would 2" eyepieces help? Does it just require a step ring? Any info is appreciated.
Ty

May 20, 2003 05:15 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Spotted Sandpiper??

Posted By Tyler Allred

Now I'm really dangerous.....

Armed with my Sibley guide, I'm guessing that this is a spotted sandpiper. He was feeding in the river, and was bobbing a little bit, somewhat like a dipper.

Please let me know if I got it right or wrong.

Thanks,
Ty

May 20, 2003 05:22 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Robin Singing Away

Posted By Tyler Allred

I know they are common, but I liked this picture.

May 20, 2003 07:56 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Artsy Shot

Posted By Tyler Allred

I took this tonight just before dark and I thought it turned out pretty nice. It is unprocessed except for dimensions.
Enjoy,
Ty