My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mark Costello III

January 12, 2011 01:41 PM Forum: Politics

2nd Amendment, what did it mean?

Posted By Mark Costello III

"The 2nd Amendment was intended to insure that the people would always have the ability to take on the government, if it attempted to take over the people. This is what the whole revolution was about and there could have been no revolution if the Government run militia were the only ones that were allowed to bear arms. The arms that were used were owned by the PEOPLE and not the GOVERNMENT. They want to make sure that NO GOVERNMENT would control the will of the people, but that the will of the people would always control the GOVERNMENT."

Floyd, I recall seeing quotes from Thomas Jefferson and some arguments in one or two of the Federalist Papers supporting your contention.

January 24, 2011 02:26 PM Forum: Politics

Justice Scalia and the Tea Party People

I have a far bigger problem with Supreme Court justices doing stuff like this.

http://volokh.com/posts/1239605727.shtml

January 27, 2011 02:13 PM Forum: Politics

$150,000 olive...

Wha? Y'mean Bugs Bunny just now is coming to this conclusion? wink

February 1, 2011 02:32 PM Forum: Politics

GOP/Obama/Egypt

IMO the President is doing the right thing, taking it very slowly. This is probably one of those "D if we do and D if we don't" situations.

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC

February 10, 2011 02:11 PM Forum: Politics

Undermining British Nuclear Deterrent

Is this just an internal affair because Great Britian is one of the 57 states? 8O

February 19, 2011 01:08 PM Forum: Politics

Herman Cain for President?

Hi James. I looked over the material in the link and a Wikipedia article on Herman Cain. He seems to be a gentleman, very successful in business, and even better, a mathematician smile . I may have missed it but I didn't seen any summary on his opinions on major issues. If anyone could provide something on this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC

March 18, 2011 01:14 PM Forum: Politics

Is it any wonder California is broke?

Do they have an Office of Circumlocution? wink

April 11, 2011 02:23 PM Forum: Politics

Liberal vs Conservative: Biological?

This theory doesn't square with the following experiences:

1) The Al Gore proponents of "Global warming must be dealt with NOW if it isn't already too late..."

2) http://www.astromart.com/forums/viewpost.asp?forum_post_id=750276&poll_id=&news_id=&page=

(I watched a good bit of Senator Reid's fearmongering on the budget debate on last Thursday).

April 24, 2011 06:03 AM Forum: Religion

Happy Easter

Thank you kindly, and the best of this great day to you.

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC

April 27, 2011 10:09 AM Forum: Politics

Obama releases long-form BC

IMHO the President never had to do this today. As evident from some posts here several months ago, it was enough that his mother was an American citizen. This whole birth issue has never been among the several reasons why I didn't vote for President Obama nor is it among the several reasons why I won't vote for him in 2012.

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC