Posts Made By: Mark Hansen

March 14, 2005 01:37 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Mirrored birdfeeder

Posted By Mark Hansen

I bought my wife a "mirrored" feeder for her birthday. It has been one of the best birdwatching purchases we've ever made. Here is the cat taking her turn. BTW, she is never outside to exercise those evil thoughts building in her head.

March 26, 2005 07:21 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Male goldfinch color change

Posted By Mark Hansen

Caught this pair of males starting to change over to the black head marking and much brighter yellow body.

FZ20 at 12x.

March 26, 2005 09:31 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

exchanging glances

Posted By Mark Hansen

Male Bluebird sunning high in the treetops. Even though 90% of the ground is still snowcovered, his arrival is a definite sign of Spring here in Central Michigan.

March 27, 2005 05:42 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Cold Michigan Sunrise

Posted By Mark Hansen

Saw this sunrise in the rearview mirror on the way to work. Pulled off on a side road to shoot the photo. Taken with Panasonic FZ20.

May 8, 2005 04:43 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

build a nest anywhere

Posted By Mark Hansen

Robins built this nest in a hanging flower basket off my in-laws front porch. Made for a neat picture with the FZ20.

May 9, 2005 12:27 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

nice stripes

Posted By Mark Hansen

White-crowned Sparrow with brilliant head stripes visited the back of my in-laws propery today. Taken with FZ20.

May 9, 2005 01:40 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

I.D. this bird?

Posted By Mark Hansen

Can't find this bird in any of my books. Perhaps a female of a less popular variety of sparrow? Anyone have an idea of what he/she is?

May 10, 2005 01:18 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Promo for Sunkist

Posted By Mark Hansen

This was the first day I noticed Baltimore Orioles back here in Central Michigan. Taken with FZ20.

June 9, 2005 02:34 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Not safe on the nest

Posted By Mark Hansen

This clutch of Robins was gone a couple days later thanks to the neighbor's cat. I saw it out back a week earlier finishing off another bird's clutch.

I think they leave for vacation soon, so its day will come... :C

July 2, 2005 03:25 AM Forum: Landscape Photography

sunrises lately

Posted By Mark Hansen

We've had a warm and humid June here in Michigan bringing with it some colorful sunrises and sunsets. Here are a few. All are taken with an FZ20 Panasonic. I stop on the way to work at a couple turnouts. My area is pretty flat, so finding a horizon of interest is difficult. Colors are as they came from the camera. I remove noise and sharpen pics when needed.