My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mark Hansen

November 19, 2005 05:42 AM Forum: Landscape Photography

morning twilight icicles

Posted By Mark Hansen

We have snow and ice here in Michigan, so I thought I'd try out my new D50 on a low light "icy" subject (got the idea from a previous post). There is still some noise, but much less than my Panasonic FZ20. Taken at iso 800, so that could be why some noise exists. I opted for the better Tamron 24-135 sp af macro rather than the D50 kit lens.

November 20, 2005 09:43 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

black capped

Posted By Mark Hansen

Even though you can get close to them they don't stay in one spot very long.
Taken with Panasonic FZ20 at 12x.

November 26, 2005 08:25 AM Forum: Landscape Photography

Snowy Michigan River

Posted By Mark Hansen

Went for a walk along the Flat River this morning and took the Nikon D50 with Tamron 24-135. A little blue sky through the clouds would help, but this is Michigan in November.

December 4, 2005 08:57 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Reb-breasted

Posted By Mark Hansen

Red-breasted Nuthatch taken this morning with the Nikon D50 and Tamron 70-300 LD.

December 9, 2005 09:37 AM Forum: Landscape Photography

Hoar Frost

Posted By Mark Hansen

After a very cold night here in Central Michigan, everything was coated with hoar frost this morning. Taken with the Nikon D50 and Tamron 24-135. Brrrr.

December 18, 2005 03:00 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Lowly Tufted

Posted By Mark Hansen

Caught this fellow hopping around in some white pines. Finally held still for a few pics with the Nikon D50, Tamron 70-300 LD and TCON-14B Tele (13x).

December 26, 2005 07:12 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

my humble chickadee

Posted By Mark Hansen

After seeing Jeff's fantastic Cedar Waxwing shot, I am naming this photo my humble chickadee. I thought I'd share it anyways because of the interesting background and that small snowflake on the forehead. Taken with FZ20 at 430mm and TCON-14B 1.45 tele F5.2 1/50 sec.

January 21, 2006 06:20 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Joshua Tree Nat'l Park

Posted By Mark Hansen

Had a chance to escape from cloudy and cold Michigan to visit Southern CA. Took a day trip to Joshua Tree National Park, and shot some pics with the Nikon D50 DSLR and Tamron 24-135 lens. Here are a few of my favorites. If you ever get a chance to visit this place, don't miss it. The unusual scenery is splendid, even when the desert isn't in bloom.

January 29, 2006 06:20 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Bolsa Chica Photos

Posted By Mark Hansen

Earlier this month I visited Bolsa Chica Preserve north of Huntington Beach, CA and captured these photos. All taken with the Nikon D50 and the Tamron 70-300 handheld. Visit www.bolsachica.org for more info on this place. I really enjoyed the visit.

February 12, 2006 03:52 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

cardinals and snow

Posted By Mark Hansen

I was following a group of Cardinals when it started to snow. Shot these with the Nikon D50 and Tamron 70-300 LD.