My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Steve Sands

June 2, 2006 03:27 AM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Time to put this one to bed

Posted By Steve Sands

Time to move on. The original post that started this thread has been addressed. Let's move on, PLEASE. Thank you for all of the informational posts.

June 21, 2006 04:09 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Re: How do I retract good review? after getting ri

Posted By Steve Sands

It doesn't sound like this person has had a chance to reply to you. There may (or may not) be a good explanation.

Please do not post names or personal information in this forum. This issue is addressed in the Terms of Service. Any posts containing personal information will be deleted and the issue forwarded to Herb.

July 30, 2006 05:28 PM Forum: Star Parties

Prairie Skies/ Astrofest

Posted By Steve Sands

It is that time of year again where I must decide which star parties to attend in Illinois. I have attended AstroFest for the past 15+ years, but I must say that since the move to Vana's the event has become somewhat of a huge disappointment. It is poorly organized, vendors are dropping out like flies, etc. Has anyone attended both Prairie Skies AND Astrofest who could offer some opinions? I can not attend both events, but Prairie Skies is sounding better and better to me! I always loved Camp Shaw and its facilities. But it is difficult to break with tradition!

August 27, 2006 05:36 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

I need ideas for a PST CaK Viewing System!

Posted By Steve Sands

I need to set up a system to view CaK using an electronic eyepiece and monitor in the field without 120VAC. Anyone out there got a nifty setup they would like to share? I am going to attend a few star parties in the next month or so and would like to be able to set up something for folks to view. Is there such a thing as a 12VDC eyepiece and small monitor? If not, what 12VDC to 120VAC converter should be used? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

January 2, 2007 12:38 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Truss Pole Shrink Tubing

Posted By Steve Sands

Does anyone know a good source for purchasing black shrink tubing for my 1-1/4" outside diameter truss poles? I am currently using foam pipe insulation and it is a menace! I have seen the shrink tubing at various star parties and would like to get a hold of some. Thanks!

January 26, 2007 08:47 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

WHICH PART OF NO PERSONAL INFO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

Posted By Steve Sands

SECOND AND FINAL NOTICE: DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION IN AM FORUMS!!! To do so risks your account being deleted from this website. Please read my previous post regarding this issue and move on. One more TOS violation and this thread is going away. Thank you for your cooperation! The offending post(s) have been deleted.

July 6, 2007 03:56 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Planetary Eyepieces

Posted By Steve Sands

Floyd (or anyone else wishing to chime in!),

I am looking to add some planetary eyepieces to my collection for lunar, solar and planetary work.

William Optics came out with the SPL line (3,6 & 9mm) for $319 for the set(wow!).

Pentax has the 3.5,5,7,10 & 14mm XW series, but they are $309 EACH! I haven't had the opportunity to use either line of these oculars. Any comments about experiences with these or any other planetary oculars? What would be the "Ultimate" lineup of 3, regardless of brand and price?

I am guessing you get what you pay for, but in my experience, WO doesn't put out junk...

Any personal observations/ opinions/ insights would be greatly appreciated! 8O

August 12, 2007 01:12 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Re: What the......? rant

Posted By Steve Sands

Randy,

Please email your questions and concerns to [email protected]. The email/account issues you have described can not be resolved in this forum.

Thanks,
Steve

August 23, 2007 01:42 AM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Re: ignore list?

Posted By Steve Sands

I am still trying to figure out WHY this thread is in the "Ask Rating Questions Here" forum????????????

October 30, 2007 06:41 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

No more Coronado PST CaK Scopes?

Posted By Steve Sands

Markus Ludes has an ad for a CaK PST and states that he believes them to no longer be available in the USA. ("I heard they are discontinued in USA and no longer available.")

Does anyone know anything about this?? I checked Anacortes and don't see any CaK scopes listed under their Coronado line!

On another note, I sent off my bedragled PST H-alpha scope for the lens rusting problem and it was returned today via UPS in brand spankin new condition! And it only took about 4 weeks! Yeah!!! The process of obtaining an RMA to send it back was a bit painful, but the end result was worth it! grin