My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Paul Gustafson

November 11, 2009 08:37 AM Forum: Meteorites & Meteors

New additions -- Arispe

Posted By Paul Gustafson

I picked up some other interesting specimens, will post here as time allows.

Arispe, Sonora, Mexico
Found 1896
Iron, IC, 15.7 gm
This is 1 of 9 approved meteorites classified as Iron, IC.

December 24, 2010 09:05 AM Forum: Sports

Irony

Posted By Paul Gustafson

Terrelle Pryor sold his Fiesta Bowl Sportsmanship award. :-P

August 17, 2011 05:26 AM Forum: Sports

New bowl game

Posted By Paul Gustafson

Some new names for the OSU - Miami game this year:

-- The Ineligibowl

-- Tutes vs Tats

-- The Pro(bation) Bowl

September 16, 2011 11:25 AM Forum: Sports

What a game!

Posted By Paul Gustafson

I attended the game, best overall college football game experience I've ever had.

November 4, 2011 03:29 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Nice evening

Posted By Paul Gustafson

My wife and I spent yesterday afternoon with the 130 GT and Ethos eyepieces observing Bald Eagles and Great Blue Herons on the James River, finished up with the Moon and Jupiter after sunset. I mounted the scope on a UA alt-az mount on a Gitzo tripod. What a sweet combination for birding!!!

And every time we set up at the marina to bird watch we meet the nicest people. A woman and her 3 year old hungry son came up to the deck because her son saw the telescope; usually people aren't very careful of their children around the equipment, but she was very respectful and held his hands while he was at the eyepiece to make sure he didn't touch anything. She wanted to stay and chat but her son was hungry so they took off. Then a gentleman stopped by, drawn by the scope. He does engraving -- leather, firearms, but his specialty is deep relief engraving of knives, has an 8" Meade SCT on a mount that he's selling for $100. It was a gift to him but he can't figure out how to use it. I offered to walk him through its use, but he is putting the scope in the community yard sale this Saturday. I'll be out of town this weekend but if it doesn't sell I'll check it out, hard to screw up for $100 unless it's trashed.

Thanks to AP for the fantastic scope!

May 1, 2013 12:47 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Bruce Wrinkle -- RIP

Posted By Paul Gustafson

http://www.company7.com/c7news/bruce_wrinkle.html

He will be missed. I remember when I received my Traveler, back in the days when one could get in on the current production run, it arrived at Company 7 on a Friday. Bruce called me and I told him I would come up Saturday to pick it up, their last Saturday open before they closed from Christmas through New Years. I got off work about 1 PM, just enough time to drive the 3 - 3 1/2 hours up to Laurel before they closed at 5PM. Unfortunately, a bean sprout truck flipped on I95 spreading slippery bean sprouts all over the interstate resulting in a multi car pileup and a long delay. I called Bruce and told him I was still coming but I didn't know how long it would be so he should leave at closing time and if I were late, my problem. He told me he'd wait until I arrived. I called a couple more times to give him an update, finally arrived three hours after they closed. Not only did he stay so I could enjoy my Traveler over the holidays, he spent the time to install my new encoders in my Gibraltar and tested them to make sure everything was working. I found out later he missed his astronomy club's Christmas party to help me out.

Bruce was a nice guy, really knew his stuff. I'll miss him.

May 22, 2013 06:08 PM Forum: Sports

New bobblehead

Posted By Paul Gustafson

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/22274738/photo-manti-teo-girlfriend-bobblehead-giveaway-in-minors

September 11, 2013 05:41 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Re: Yahoo NEO

Posted By Paul Gustafson

I can't find the Advanced Search, was very valuable in pulling out info from old posts.

February 7, 2015 12:16 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Rare photo of Lincoln

Posted By Paul Gustafson

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152999240784627&set=a.78281074626.74476.801829626&type=1&theater

April 15, 2002 05:45 PM Forum: TeleVue

9mm Nagler

Posted By Paul Gustafson

In excellent condition, $165-175.