Posts Made By: Steven Moore

March 7, 2021 07:14 AM Forum: Politics

What is wrong with you?

Posted By Steven Moore

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Seriously? This lament from the guy that twisted a member's last name into McFartland and who continually posts memes denigrating the left as cry-babies? Look, we get it. You idolized Richard. Maybe you thought he was edgy. Perhaps you admired his in-your-face, take-no-prisoners, aggressive style. Undoubtedly, you agreed with him a lot. However, Richard is/was an asshole in every sense of the word. Any disdain or vinegar poured out on his absence is entirely appropriate given the treatment he dealt out here for years. His departure due to his childish behavior will inevitably create some chatter, but I expect it will die down with time. We might even get some new forum members that Richard doesn't run-off immediately with his caustic and malignant narcissistic personality. That would be a welcome change alone.
Jim I sent Brian a message and told him I was sorry I had done that to his name and he said from the way I understand no big deal. As far as Richard goes I wish he was still on here but try to tame it down just little. wink As far as you folks on the left like I have said in the past with all your posts on here you would swear that Biden lost!  

March 7, 2021 07:38 AM Forum: Politics

What is wrong with you?

Posted By Steven Moore

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

I think that can be answered by the title of this thread...
As usual Rod has to say something smart ass, he needs to look in the mirror and say why do I post so much on the forums? 

March 7, 2021 09:03 PM Forum: Politics

Texas Gov Abbott Goes Full On Stupid...

Posted By Steven Moore

I don't like mask snobs either.  The "two-masks are better than one mask crowd" are irksome.  Those I see wearing masks while driving their own car alone are laughable.  But wearing a mask in public indoor spaces or crowded outdoor spaces makes a lot of sense to help us follow the green line out of this. 

Jim

Hi Jim, If someone is wearing a mask while driving they might be going to pick up an older person or someone sick etc. etc. but other than that you are right.I guess they could open vehicle windows to clear any problem before they pick up the person etc. etc.

March 8, 2021 09:03 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Steven Moore

Originally Posted by Darian Rachal

Thanks, Jim. I'll see what I can do to fix that.
Darian sometimes I see it in red and sometimes I see it(your name) Red or blue. It does not bother me in the least!!

March 8, 2021 09:50 PM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Steven Moore

I think it's in red now. I'm surprised that others don't have their signature at the bottom.
Darian, You posts way back in August show the red signature now. wink

March 11, 2021 08:23 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Steven Moore

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

There must have been something off with the software syntax used to change color which is why it was showing the brackets and not just your colorful signature. grin  It's not that it bothered me, Steven - I was just wondering why it was displaying that way.
Hi Jim I noticed it is still doing  that for Darian I hope it does not mean red neck.wink  I might be just a little Red N wink  It was up to 67 here for a while ! I am glad for that!  Not a recent picture  behind my place.

March 13, 2021 08:32 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Steven Moore

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

There must have been something off with the software syntax used to change color which is why it was showing the brackets and not just your colorful signature. grin  It's not that it bothered me, Steven - I was just wondering why it was displaying that way.
Jim Oh no I noticed my name in your reply is sort of  an orange color what is up with that?  

March 15, 2021 03:41 AM Forum: Politics

Gas Prices?

Posted By Steven Moore

No doubt just an unfortunate coincidence. cwy
Gas prices are supposed to go up with more people driving and not staying home as much and prices are supposed to get higher yet with Summer etc.

March 15, 2021 08:00 AM Forum: Politics

Gas Prices?

Posted By Steven Moore

Steve, sometimes that seems to be the case, at other times it doesn't hold. In 2016 at the beginning of the year, the price was $1.50 around here. It peaked around the end of August at $2.00/gallon. In 2017 it peaked in early September at $2.50, 2018 $2.58 in May. In 2019 there was no peak during the summer months. In 2020 prices were actually lower during the summer.

The most I've ever paid for gas was $3.75/gallon in Presidio TX in 2003. I paid $3.56/ gallon around here in early October of '08. When it gets kind of high, I start checking Gas Buddy for the prices.

I see it's up around $3.00/gallon in your area.sad
Darian the last time we got gas it was 3.09 a gallon. I am retired so not driving to work helps, well except miss that paycheck but we are doing ok.

March 15, 2021 07:51 PM Forum: Politics

Gas Prices?

Posted By Steven Moore

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
In California, the stated reason for the marked increase in gas prices is as follows: although gasoline refinery production is not dependent on processed stocks from Texas, California is being a "good neighbor" to our bordering state of Arizona which IS dependent on Texas refinery products. Thus, in order to avoid shortages in Arizona, our refinery stocks from Ca have been diverted to Az, causing a shortage in Ca with higher fuel prices as a result.  Now, one can take that at face value, meaning that out of the goodness of somebody's heart, a decision has been made to lend a helping hand because, after all, we all know Az would do the same for us. 
OR, one could suspect that market manipulation is at play with big oil cleaning up with a windfall in profits by taking advantage of the disaster in Texas with huge increases in gasoline prices in both Ca and Az as a result.
Which camp are you in?
Schork says Arizona is landlocked and has no refineries. He says that means we must rely on fuel coming in through pipelines and that adds costs. Schork says most of the gas comes from California where environmental regulations mean a different, more expensive blend of gas.