Posts Made By: Paul Webb

January 25, 2016 05:44 AM Forum: Sports

Panthers

Posted By Paul Webb

Go Panthers grin Hopefully a good Super Bowl this time. Paul

November 20, 2016 03:11 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Santa has arrived on AM!

Posted By Paul Webb

Look at all the juicy refractors listed! My pockets ain't deep enough......LOL Paul

March 19, 2017 09:27 AM Forum: No Holds Barred

My wife said.....

Posted By Paul Webb

Come on guys grow a set! My wonderful wife has never dictated to me a purchase of a scope or anything related to astronomy! Many times I sell something to get something. I can't count the times I have had a buyer "cry" about "my wife won't let me "or "the CEO says no."
Come on dudes........you can come up with something better than blaming it on your wife!
Paul

June 6, 2017 05:09 AM Forum: Sports

CWS

Posted By Paul Webb

Hey Darian,
Hope you are enjoying the NCAA CWS!
My Gamecocks fizzled this year but I still enjoy the games!
Maybe a Cinderella this year!

September 15, 2017 05:03 AM Forum: N.A.S.A.

Bye bye Cassini

Posted By Paul Webb

What a wonderful trip. Thanks to all the Cassini team at NASA, congratulations!
Paul

October 5, 2017 01:15 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

LOSMANDY encoder cables

Posted By Paul Webb

Anybody know where I could find these encoder cables. Just learned that LOSMANDY no longer supports their encoders. Thanks, Paul

December 7, 2017 10:34 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Losmandy DSC (digital setting circles)

Posted By Paul Webb

Can someone help me find the necessary cables or wiring diagram to go on my Losmandy DSC’s?
My DSC’s are the self contained units mounted on the dec. and RA shafts with 5 pins exposed. They are not the encoders with the gears exposed on the shafts. BTW, Losmandy does not support their DSC’s any longer and was no help.
I have pictures I can send you if needed. Thank you! Paul

August 22, 2006 05:38 PM Forum: TeleVue

4" Clamshell........Help

Posted By Paul Webb

Thanks Scott.......you are right. I finally got an answer from ATWB this morning that confirms this. Regards, Paul

February 7, 2010 07:25 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Celestron 9.25 w/cg5-gt

Posted By Paul Webb

Eric, There is an astronomy club in Aiken, SC. Good luck! Paul
eric hardy said:

Where do I begin? After reading what I could, I purchased the 9.25 advanced go to system. By purchasing the mount/tripod seperately from the ota I was able to get the entire package delivered new for under $1600.00. With that in mind I know I started well. Here is the kicker, I have set it up and now have more questions then when I began. I am taking an intro astronomy course here at the local univerity but all the intricasies of operating what is an absolutely beautiful piece equipment are not part of the ciriculum. I am a total noob, so, where do I begin?

August 9, 2010 03:18 PM Forum: Refractors

TMB 92 / Radian question

Posted By Paul Webb

Tim, I bought a new TMB 92 a while back (year ago) and it suffered from the baffling being askew. Light scatter was annoying on the planets similar to what you are describing. I sent it back and never reordered. Try some differrent eyepieces too before moving forward. Good luck! Paul