Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Andromeda Galaxy M31

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Paul Webb

December 14, 2013 03:41 PM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Re: 1978 orange tube C-8

Posted By Paul Webb

Billy, I could be wrong but Special Coatings were added and an option at one time with those older C-8's. The coatings were added for the benefit of photography only. You should not see a discernible difference visually. Enjoy the scope! Paul

December 15, 2013 06:25 AM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

No Baby Blues with this Brandon!

Posted By Paul Webb

Congrats Andy! I had a couple of theses scopes in the past. One was complete with all the original accessories and the gray hard case. It may be the very same scope ! In focus objects had no color and was a nice portable scope too! Enjoy in clear, steady skies my friend! Paul

December 15, 2013 10:07 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Tarantula Nebula

Posted By Paul Webb

Amazing shot! A lot of detail to look at. Thanks for sharing! Paul

December 24, 2013 03:55 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Education from University Optics please...

Posted By Paul Webb

Andy, My best guess is an 80's vintage Koenig and I do not remember a leather bag supplied with them either. Paul

June 20, 2014 08:33 AM Forum: Sports

College World Series?

Posted By Paul Webb

I am pulling for Vandy.......being in the SEC. My Gamecocks could not hit the ball in their regional. Oh well........maybe next year. Paul

October 26, 2014 05:12 AM Forum: Sports

World Series

Posted By Paul Webb

Oh well................it ain't over yet!

February 5, 2015 04:35 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC1097 with the 305 Mak-Cass

Posted By Paul Webb

Great shot! Cool jets. Never seen this before. I guess there is a massive black hole causing this?Thanks! Paul

April 2, 2015 04:39 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

"Justified" At Mt Pinos Parking Lot

Posted By Paul Webb

Great show! Hate to see it end in 2 more episodes! Elliot looks like an old turtle mouth without his mustache in his cowboy film days....... grin Paul

June 7, 2015 08:11 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Message Problems?

Posted By Paul Webb

Kevin Conod said:

Not sure if this is appropriate place to ask, but has anyone else experienced a major problem with messages here on Astromart? I placed a classified ad last week and I was surprised that I got a lot of views but no offers or messages regarding the item. I figured no one was interested but then last night at about 9:30 EDT I got a flood of email messages from Astromart stating that I had private messages from the past several days. But when I go to my Inbox there is only one recent message!
Don't know about your situation but I responded three times to an ad yesterday early in the post and have not heard anything from the dude. Why post an ad then do not respond? Go figure. Paul

September 2, 2015 05:14 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Total Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017

Posted By Paul Webb

Well, hopefully will be here in my front yard. Center line pretty close,but have plan B to keep an eye out on the weather and drive west if necessary. I have only seen one other total eclipse, the 1991 event from the Big Island and nearly missed it due to clouds. I had other amateurs to photograph the event, while I took in every minute naked eye and with a spotting scope. Nothing like it! Paul