My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Doug Grebe

February 17, 2005 05:04 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Broken dust cover

Posted By Doug Grebe

I got a new Lx90 for Christmas, The dust cover fell off and when I went to pick it up part of the edge broke off. It still works but who wants a damaged dust cover. Does any one sell an after market cover for this telescope. Should I contact Meade on this?
Thanks
Doug Grebe

April 29, 2005 05:03 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Equipment for a 3rd -5th grade class

Posted By Doug Grebe

I am a fifth grade teacher, and I am looking at starting an after school class in astronomy. I am taking a course with Project Astro for the actual curriculum this summer but my principal approached me about buying some equipment for the class. I am a novice astronomer with a lx-90 , a etx 90 and a pair of 15-70 binoculars on a parallelogram mount. I am willing to use my etx and the binos and sometimes the lx-90. I have around $1000 to $1500 to spend. Most of the classes will be right after school with a few night time star parties. I was planning on buying some software, and a solar filter for any telescope /s I might buy. I lust to get a PST just so I could use it but I am not sure that is practical. I don't know how many kids may be in the class but I would probably limit it to only 12-15 per session that I will teach. Any of you that have worked with the Project Astro program your advice is welcome.

March 15, 2006 01:21 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Focuser for LX-90

Posted By Doug Grebe

If you were looking for a better focuser for a LX-90, would you choose the featherlight micro focuser( 10 to 1 with a new knob) or the meade 1209 micro focuser, or the William Optics SCT focuser. I am using my LX-90 in Alt Az most of the time but I have a wedge and would like to try using it for longish photo's. Will the William Optics fit in Alt az? Will the 1209 fit in Alt az? If so with which diagonal. Thanks in Advance
Doug Grebe

October 6, 2007 07:28 PM Forum: Politics

Financial Numbers by the Government

Posted By Doug Grebe

I am starting to have mixed feelings about the financial numbers that the Government produces. I think that most responders here feel that the opposite party to their own political party will say anything to get or stay in power and if most of us feel that way why are we believing them when they give financial numbers to us. I agree that if I don't believe them then the greenbacks in my wallet are useless but I am starting to question all numbers from the government no matter who is in power. What is your take on this?

December 14, 2007 09:38 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Powermates Barlows and OCA's

Posted By Doug Grebe

Could someone explain the difference between a powermate, a barlow and an OCA. My get feeling is that they are similar but have some differences.

I recently purchased a Stellarvue binoviewer and did not get the adapter with it. I will be using it on my 8"SCT and figured I didn't need one. I also have a WO 66 refractor. Will my current Park 2x barlow work with the refractor or do I need a OCA.
Thanks
Doug Grebe

February 18, 2008 10:34 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: Meade LX200 tripod

Posted By Doug Grebe

I agree with what Dan says about mounting the scope on the tripod would be difficult. If you think that the tripod is stiff enough I would consider the Starizona landing pad for a Meade telescope. I have one on my regular lx200 tripod. It is like two thick pie plates and you totally set up the tripod first and then just put the telescope on top and it is basicly self-centering there are three wingbolts to tighten and you are done. It would solve the small diameter landing area problem if the legs are stiff enough.

August 15, 2009 12:13 AM Forum: Politics

Don't most of us go to Socialized Medicine at 65 a

Posted By Doug Grebe

Don't most of us go to socialized medicine at the age of 65 with Medicare anyway, How many of us won't be on Medicare when we are over 65. Socialized medicine is socialized medicine the way I see it. When we are old and need more medicine we will be using socialized medicine so why not now when most of us don't need is as much.

Doug Grebe

November 16, 2009 05:32 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Any one try the Baader Binoviewer?

Posted By Doug Grebe

Has anyone tried the new or at least new to me Baader binoviewers? and reviews?

Doug Grebe

March 5, 2016 10:27 PM Forum: Politics

Apple and the court order and the FBI

Posted By Doug Grebe

What are peoples feelings on Apple refusing the court order? I am slightly leaning towards supporting Apple but I would like to hear other peoples opinions.

Doug Grebe

April 29, 2005 05:31 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Equipment for a 3rd -5th grade class

Posted By Doug Grebe

Any advice from anyone is welcome