My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joe Bruessow

December 4, 2005 07:53 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Anyone used a Nikon D50 for imaging?

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I tried the Nikon D50 in the camera shop the other day and really liked its feel. It would be used for everyday photography for the most part.

I know that Canon has "the" cameras for astroimaging... but from the reviews I've read the D50 has even less noise... and again I like the feel of it.

Has anyon used it for astroimaging?

Your experiences are much appreciated. smile

January 22, 2006 12:33 PM Forum: Takahashi

tracking w/ em200

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I have a new to me EM200 Temma 2 Jr. Can a bad computer cause the mount to track poorly... any suggestions determine if that is the culprit?

Thanks,

Joe

February 26, 2006 05:50 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Inexpensive Nexstar mounts

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Does anybody know if the inexpensive Nexstar mounts for the 80mm, 114mm and the like can be aligned and uses during the daytime fpr solar observing? How well do these models track and do at goto?

Thanks smile

February 27, 2006 09:11 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Double stacked PST

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I'm new to this H-alpha stuff... I have looked through several Coronado scopes from 40 to 60mm. The one I was most impressed with was a double stacked 60mm... the surface features were unreal. Will a pst double stacked be similar? :S

Thanks,

Joe

March 11, 2006 04:33 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Parks f/3.5 ota

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I just got a partially complete 10" f/3.5 Parks Newtonian ota. I am hoping it will make a good astrograph when used with an Baader MPCC, ST2000XT, and riding upon an EM200...

Your thoughts on this... did I just make a mistake?

Thanks,

Joe

March 16, 2006 09:07 PM Forum: Takahashi

parking an EM200

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I got an EM200 Temma 2 Jr. in my observatory around Christmas... I am wondering if there is a way to "park" it so that it holds star alignment... does not seem easy.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks...

March 21, 2006 03:45 AM Forum: Takahashi

EM200 safety stops/ parking

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I am new to the EM200. I had a Losmandy gemini system on my last mount and it was really nice in that it had "saftety limits" that I could set in the hand controller, this allowed me to get a nap in without worrying about whether the scope was going to eventually rotate into the mount.

It also had the ability to let me turn the system off and power up weeks or months later and have the scope ready to go to my next imaging target.

Is there anyway to get these benefits with the Temma system on the Tak EM200?

March 26, 2006 09:12 PM Forum: Takahashi

Wild slews and computer lock ups

Posted By Joe Bruessow

sad I can't seem to get my system up an running.

Not sure where all of the problems are and hope you can help. I have an EM200 Temma Jr. controlled with The Sky V5 level 2, and the bisque temma driver.

1) I use CCD Soft V5 to aquire my images. The computer/ program keeps locking at random times... its driving me crazy. Am I doing something wrong here?

2) While trying to use the hand paddle to center/ frame an object the telescope starts slewing to some unknown destination.

Thanks for your help ahead of time...

Joe

April 3, 2006 12:49 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

New Dual speed Crayford focuser for Dobs/ Newts

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Hey, has anybody else seen the new GSO Dual Speed focusers? grin

I just got one from Dale at DBA Astronomy Products as an upgrade for my Hardin Deep Space Hunter Dob. It is very, very impressive... buttery smooth and only $159.00. Check it out at http://www.dbaastronomy.com/

Regards grin

April 25, 2006 08:41 PM Forum: Takahashi

dec backlash?

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Okay, I traced the r.a. issues I was having with the scope to the r.a. encoder. It seems to be working better. Goto's are decent.

I am now in imaging mode and it appears I have quite a lot of dec slop. When calibrating the autoguider the r.a. axis would make a nice shift and dec would move very little (or a lot in one direction and little in the other), but would calibrate successfully. I was getting dec. drift of around 0.1 - 1.0 pixel with sudden jumps of around 2 - 4 pixels. This was with a 3 second guide exposure.

BTW, I am using a 8" Newt with 1100mm focal length. The autoguider is the ST237 guider chip in my ST2000.

Your thoughts? Thanks smile