My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joe Bruessow

April 29, 2006 04:01 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

My MI M51

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I took this M51 shot this week. It needs work but I am pretty happy with the initial results. It was taken with an ST2000XM camera (no darks or flats) and an 8" f/5.3 Newtonian on an EM200. I am still working out some bugs with the mount. smile

Lum = 60min 1x1
rgb = 20min each 2x2

May 6, 2006 07:15 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

8"f/5 vs. 8" f/6

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I am looking at a new Newtonian for imaging. Other than f.o.v. is there really any difference between shooting with an f/5 or an f/6 with a CCD?

In theory they should have identical resolution and with a CCD they should go just as deep in the same exposure... right? :S

June 24, 2006 01:11 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Pelican with Astrotech 66mm ED

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I got this scope month or so ago and finally got a chance to image with it. ST2000xm, 50min h-alpha (5 x 10 min, 1x1 binned). The stars on the internal guide chip were pretty bad (streaks... not a very flat field?), so RGB didn't come out good at all. I will have to deal with that issue.

Anyway, pretty happy for $329...

June 25, 2006 12:30 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Dual-speed crayfords for $109.00

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I just noticed that DBA Astronomy Products has dual speed crayfords (upgrade for Guan Sheng dobs/ newts) for only $109.99... that is about $50 of an already super deal. I have tried out a few of these and owned one of them... very smooth. I may have to get a couple more to upgrade a couple of my other scopes smile

July 2, 2006 05:30 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

HGM Titan or NJP?

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Okay, please let me hear your opinions on this. Losmandy HGM Titan vs. Takahashi NJP... I have owned Temma 2 and Gemini systems so I don't need comments on the merits of those, but rather on the tracking accuracy of NJP vs. Titan and thoughts on load capacity of each.

Personal experiences prefered. Thanks shocked)

July 3, 2006 11:17 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Tak NJP vs. Losmandy HGM Titan

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Okay, please let me hear your opinions on this. Losmandy HGM Titan vs. Takahashi NJP... I have owned Temma 2 and Gemini systems so I don't need comments on the merits of those, but rather on the tracking accuracy of NJP vs. Titan and thoughts on load capacity of each.

Personal experiences prefered. Thanks shocked)

October 2, 2006 04:01 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Okay, burst my bubble...

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I took this image of the Bubble Nebula (NGC 7635) last night with an imaging system that is fairly new to me. The scope needs collimation tweaked, but I am very happy with initial results.

10" DSO Certified Newtonian
Losmandy Titan mount
ST2000XM with KAI2020 sensor
100 minutes (10 x 10 minute subs)
h-alpha (Astronomics h-alpha filter)
unbinned

October 16, 2006 05:35 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 7331 - Deer Lick Group

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I have tried to image this group many times... still can't get it right. This is an image I took a month or so ago. I will probably go back and work on it again this winter with fresh eyes...

10" DSO Certified Newtonian
Losmandy Titan
ST2000 XM
100 min. Luminance (1x1), 30 min. each RGB (2x2)

BTW... I never could see the licking deer in this galaxy group...

October 18, 2006 02:35 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Telescope Sale

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I just ran across a sale at DBA Astronomy Products... thought I'd pass the info on... with free shipping shocked)

Price: 8" DSO $329.00 free shipping

Price: 10" DSO $529.00 free shipping

Price: 12" DSO $824.00 free shipping

I am thinking of an 8" for Christmas... Merry Christmas to me ;o) Do these sound like good prices to you?

October 19, 2006 05:30 PM Forum: Reflectors

A good deal?

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I just ran across a sale at DBA Astronomy Products...

Price: 8" DSO $329.00 free shipping

Price: 10" DSO $529.00 free shipping

Price: 12" DSO $824.00 free shipping

I am thinking of an 8" for Christmas... Merry Christmas to me ;o)

Do these sound like good prices to you?