My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joe Bruessow

October 22, 2006 08:31 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Meade Standard Field Tripod for G11?

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I find the G11 tripod a bit awkward to set up in the field so wouldn't mind getting a Meade tripod to support the G11...

Will the Meade standard feld tripod (supplied w/ LX200 8" and 10" models) adequately support a G11 or is it too small... Your thoughts? Is the giant field tripod the only way?

BTW.. this will support an Orion 8" f/5 Newt. ota...

Thanks for your thoughts...

Joe

October 31, 2006 04:32 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 891

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I shot this as quickly last night... still need to tweak collimation and tracking... still very happy with the initial results shocked)

10" DSO Newtonian
Losmandy Titan mount
ST2000 XM camera
90 min (9 x 10min) unbinned

November 5, 2006 05:30 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Just ordered my new 12" dob... Great Price!

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I just ordered a 12" DSO dob from DBA Astronomy... The prices seemed almost to good to be true.

They have 12" Guan Sheng dobs for $799 shipped and they have the dual speed focusers, 30mm SuperView eyepiece and Right angle-correct image finders.

They have 10" scopes for only $509 shipped... I may order one of those for a knock around scope. The 10's also have the dual speed and right angle finder...

Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me shocked)

Now I have to find a way to let my wife know what I am getting ;o)

November 24, 2006 10:23 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

My perennial attempt at the Horsehead...

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Here is IC434/ B33 from my backyard here near Bay City, MI. Every year I get a little better...

This is my H-alpha luminance from this past weekend.

3.5 hr. h-alpha from an ST2000XM unbinned.
10 min x 21 subs.
10" f/5 DSO Newtonian on Losmandy HGM Titan. Color to be added soon smile

January 5, 2007 07:13 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

AT 66ED - M42 H- alpha

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I wish I had color data but my initial h-alpha of M-42 taken two nights ago (full moon) looks promising shocked) This was taken with an ST2000xm, AstroTech 66ed with WO 0.8x reducer (seems to work well)... we'll see how much "blue bloat" there is.

January 6, 2007 07:24 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Nice Tripods for spotter

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I am looking for recommendations on tripods for a 66sd spotters (WO or AT). I am considering the Orion Paragon Plus XHD Tripod perhaps with a microstar head for night and day use.

Your thoughts and recommendations are very appreciated.

I don't see myself using this very much so I don't want to put too much money into it.

Thanks smile

January 20, 2007 12:45 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M42 Color Again - AT66ed

Posted By Joe Bruessow

This is an Orion Nebula shot with AT 66ed $329 apo... Blue is bloated, but I am still happy.

ST2000xm, unbinned 30 minutes (6 x 5 min) each LRGB. Can't quite get the color balance right, and need to add the trapezium back in, but I am pretty happy with it.

Thanks for looking.

January 28, 2007 05:18 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Horsey Widefield - AT/ WO 66ed

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Here is a widefield IC434 and company with my 66ed and 0.8 reducer/ corrector. Shot with my ST2000xm unbinned. 16x5min H-alpha luminance, 6x5min green and blue.

Thanks for looking shocked)

June 14, 2007 09:30 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M8 and M20 - Trifid and Lagoon

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Work has kept me busy... but the summer season has begun with a couple of clear nights smile These objects are low in the sky from Michigan... and also toward the local light domes. I am happy with the result for the minimal effort I put in taking it.

I used my AT66ed with 0.8x reducer/corrector. ST2000xm unbinned 20 minutes each of RGB.

Clear skies!

July 15, 2007 12:42 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: Need a dingus thingamabob....

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Yeah... it is called a bathroom scale or postal scale wink