My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joe Bruessow

January 4, 2003 02:44 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Having a hard time with jupiter

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I would say that collimation, focus and more importantly seeing need to be at thier best.

First, have you collimated with a star test... ever so slightly defocusing a star to the point of seeing the central obstruction... then tweaking to make the difraction rings concentric lke a bulls-eye? Second, have you focused critically.. perhaps using a crayford if your telescope has a lot of mirror flop. Third... have you imaged over many nights around 1:00 am or later local time when Jupiter is very high in the sky. The closer it is to the meridian the better the seeing is more often than not. You need excellent seeing. If I can't get a sharp image at around 300x or more I don't even bother with trying to image with my webcam... which in the upper Midwest is not very often.

These are a few things that come to mind off of the top of my head... I am no expert but have had a little success the few times I have attempted it.

Good luck...

January 11, 2003 07:23 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter and GRS..

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Awesome... simply awesome!

January 21, 2003 11:07 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

First Jupiter image TEC200

Posted By Joe Bruessow

My oh My... A great image as always! You always seem to have great equipment with great seeing too!

February 11, 2003 01:58 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Ganymede 2/9/2003

Posted By Joe Bruessow

A $60 webcam and a c14... hmmm... maybe one is in my future! Simply amazing Angel! You just keep getting better and better!

March 4, 2003 02:22 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Piecing together help

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Hi John,

Why not just order the new Nexstar 9.25 GPS (around $2,700)or the new CGE 9.25 (around $4,000)? Both should be a very good value and due out later this year.

May 12, 2003 12:00 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Hey Joe B. - this one is for you!

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Hey Angel...

Awesome as usual...

A C14 may be in my immediate future. How does its images compare to the TEC 8" under good seeing?

A Florida vacation may be in my future this summer. When does your seing tend to steady out? If it is anything like up here it is well after midnight so it would be favorable for me to head south in July rather than August or September to get the best Martian views... your opinion?

May 12, 2003 12:20 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Seeing structure cheap

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I have seen these with direct vision with a Discovery 12.5 under dark skies (maybe even in a 10")... Of course for a few extra bucks the 15" and 17.5" make the view all that much better. The have tube styles very reasonably priced and new split tubes that make them all the more portable without the much added expense of a truss tube.

Also consider the 13.1" or 14" T-scopes. I have talked with Ed a few times and they seem an amazing value. I do plan on getting one of Ed's scopes down the road. Right now I'm completing a primo imaging set-up... so it will be a few months, but really look forward to the views.

Finally, if on a tight budget, Hardin Optical has those 10" dobs for $395 still advertised on their site.

All would be great scopes for the money. My personal favorite leans toward the T-scopes... although I have yet to see one in peron the pics look awesome.

August 7, 2003 06:39 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Just another Mars image

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Just another... NOT! Incredible! I am waiting to get even a mediocre night here in Michigan.

August 15, 2003 07:05 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars, 08/15/03 @ 4:00am

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Hey Ivan... would you be willing to e-mail me a copy of your image? I'd like to work it. Thanks!

August 16, 2003 03:53 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Opinions on SXVH9C

Posted By Joe Bruessow

It is brand new. I don't know that anyone has one yet.