My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joe Bruessow

April 20, 2004 06:43 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Another M66...

Posted By Joe Bruessow

This only has 30 minutes of luminance... so needs much more exposure... but I'm happy with it for a start.

C14 at f/7, ST2000XM (original chip) binned 2x2. 30 min lum., 20 min Red, 10 min Green and Blue.

April 24, 2004 12:39 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M51

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I played around tonight and got several pics. This is a preliminary M51 shot...

May 5, 2004 04:33 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Anybody using a 12" LX200gps for CCD?

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I am interested in autoguiding and tracking at f/ 6.3 (focal reducer) using the 12" LX200 and an SBIG 2000XM imager. Would like to be able to autoguide 10 min. sub-exposures. How round are your stars? I am considering "downgrading" from an MI250 w/ c14 to a smaller 12" (to save some $$$ for other equipment) if people are having good luck imaging.

I'd love to be able to image through the meridian without the flip too.

Any sample images or weblinks would be greatly appreciated as well...

Please only reply if you have specific experience... not hearsay or professing what others have said. I know the conventional wisdom. I'd like real-world experiences/ opinions.

Thanks ahead of time...

May 6, 2004 02:10 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Anybody using a 12" LX200gps for CCD?

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I am interested in autoguiding and tracking at f/ 6.3 (focal reducer) using the 12" LX200 and an SBIG 2000XM imager. Would like to be able to autoguide 10 min. sub-exposures. How round are your stars? I am considering "downgrading" from an MI250 w/ c14 to a smaller 12" (to save some $$$ for other equipment) if people are having good luck imaging.

I'd love to be able to image through the meridian without the flip too.

Any sample images or weblinks would be greatly appreciated as well...

Please only reply if you have specific experience... not hearsay or professing what others have said. I know the conventional wisdom. I'd like real-world experiences/ opinions.

Thanks ahead of time...

May 25, 2004 09:11 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Opinions on LX200 w/ AO7 vs. MI250 mount

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Hey all of you imaging experts... Please help me with this
decision.

I am in a bit of a finacial bind and want to make some changes in my equipment. I currently own a C14 on an MI250 mount w/ Gemini go-to. The tube is on the upper limit of the mount for imaging and since I'd like to save some $$$ I am looking at downsizing as a minimum.

I am looking at several options:

1) Sell the C14 and get a Meade 12" OTA w/ UHTC... lighter, cheaper and less taxing on the mount. But... I am also not a big fan of GEM's... I dislike the meridian flip and for visual work the eyepiece ends up in mor awkward placement... so I am considering LX200 fork mounted models.

2) I'm wondering if I could/ should sell my mount and C14 and purchase a Meade 12" or 14" LX200 along with an AO7 unit. Will the AO7 unit make the drive errors tolerable in the LX200 giving me nice sharp/ round stars with my ST2000XM? Or am I sacrificing too much in parting with the MI250?

Thanks ahead of time...

Joe

May 28, 2004 05:25 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Help! Autoguiding....

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I got so encouraged at Jose's success with the Nexstar 11 that I tried to hook-up my ST2000XM to a friend's 14" LX200... I hooked it up via a relay adapter box but could not get through the calibration... I went as long as a 60 second calibration time and nothing moved...

What am I doing wrong? They act as if they are not communicating... or is backlash that large?

Thanks!

June 8, 2004 07:21 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Transit from Michigan

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Pretty good views considering how low Venus was...

June 23, 2004 04:37 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

NGC 6992 the Veil

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I took this last night... needs some work but a good start I think... smile

June 25, 2004 12:11 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

June 27, 2004 12:23 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M13

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Tried to shoot M13... big problems so of all of the images this is 1 min. each of RGB 3x3 binned through my 12" Meade OTA and ST2000XM.