My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joe Bruessow

August 28, 2005 06:35 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Canon 300d vs. 350d

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I'm sure several of you know how these two cameras (Canon Digital Rebelt and newer XT) compare in terms of sensitivity and noise. I'd appreciate your insights.

Thanks! smile

September 2, 2005 09:33 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M74

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Seeing wasn't too good and I still have a lot to learn... but it's okay.

September 6, 2005 07:56 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Another NGC 891

Posted By Joe Bruessow

NGC 891 with a Meade 12" OTA, MI250 mount, ST2000XM camera. 2 hrs luminance (binned 2x2), 45 min each RGB (binned 3x3)

September 10, 2005 07:48 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Pleiades, Seven Sisters, M45, Merope Nebula...

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Okay, you know the names... Transparency was aweful here last night... but I wanted to image and have never gotten a shot of this yet. I'm happy for a first attempt. Can't wait to shoot it under transparent skies grin

Orion 80ED (600mm), MI250, ST2000XM (KAI2000 chip), 135 minutes luminance 1x1, 30 min. each RGB binned 2x2.

Thanks for looking...

September 17, 2005 10:53 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Any experiences with Enterprise Optics

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I am interested in people's experiences with Enterprise Optics (Ed Beck) mirrors. I believe they have a good reputation but would like to hear from owners/ users of these optics.

Thanks,

Joe

October 11, 2005 05:56 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Help in Newt. design please...

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I'm about to build/ modify a Dob around a wonderful, new mirror from Cary at Woden Optics.

I hope you can help me. Where does your ToUcam Pro come to focus in a 5x powermate as compared to an eyepiece? Do I need move the image/ focal plane outward in order to be able to focus my webcam... or is it going to focus in about the same position as one of my eyepieces?

Thanks!

Joe

October 20, 2005 03:17 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Byer's Drives vs. Other modern premium drives

Posted By Joe Bruessow

Okay... I know that Byer's Drives of the 1980's - early 1990's were the best out there. What I wonder is how the lastest/ last ones stack up against drive gears in modern premium mounts like those in Takahashi, Astro-Physics, and Losmandy mounts. I want to use the the 9" Byer's drive on a homebrew mount for CCD imaging.
Thanks for your input shocked)

October 20, 2005 03:20 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Byer's Drives vs. other Modern Drive Gears

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I also posted this in the Equipment Talk forum. I hope you can share some insights here as well.

Okay... I know that Byer's Drives of the 1980's - early 1990's were the best out there. What I wonder is how the lastest/ last ones stack up against drive gears in modern premium mounts like those in Takahashi, Astro-Physics, and Losmandy mounts. I want to use the the 9" Byer's drive on a homebrew mount for CCD imaging.

November 6, 2005 02:17 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Anybody tried the Minolta 5D for imaging?

Posted By Joe Bruessow

I have several older AF Minolta Maxxum lenses from the early 1990's and want to get a DSLR. I see Konica Minolta has the 7D and now the 5D... just curious if anybody has done any astro-imaging with either of them.

I'd really appreciate any experiences/ insights...

Thanks smile

November 9, 2005 04:42 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

My Horsey...

Posted By Joe Bruessow

The road to improving my images seems to be a long and steep one. Attached is a B33 with ST2000XM... about 120 min Lum (1x1), and 30 min each RGB (2x2). Taken through an 8" f/5.3 Newt... no coma corrector yet.