Posts Made By: James Brown

July 29, 2020 04:00 AM Forum: Politics

Nadler: That's a myth that's being spread only in D.C.

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer
Certainly if the video showed them destroying property and physically attacking people.....
Ha Ha, point taken.  

But seriously, I am unaware of any video showing the McCloskeys being physically attacked or property being destroyed.  

If you have video of the crowd at the McCloskey's showing a physical attack or property being destroyed, please post a link in the other thread.  I'll repost this over there too.

Jim

July 29, 2020 04:03 AM Forum: Politics

The Trump Wallace Redux

Posted By James Brown

Greg, as I mentioned in the other thread, I am unaware of any video showing the McCloskeys being physically attacked or any property being destroyed.  It seems possible that you (and Rich) are conflating video of the riots in Portland with the "incident" in Missouri at the McCloskeys mansion?  I think we established earlier that some protesters are just protesters and others are criminal rioters.

If you have video of the crowd at the McCloskey's showing either an attack or property being destroyed, please post a link here.  I promise to look at it.

Jim

July 29, 2020 04:06 AM Forum: Politics

Bye Bye Brian Stelter?

Posted By James Brown

You will NEVER reach me by putting words in my mouth as you did in the other topic I just responded to....
Sincerely, you misread that.  I know that you know that peaceful protesters exist.  I was probably being too pedantic.  

Jim

July 29, 2020 04:11 AM Forum: Politics

The Trump Wallace Redux

Posted By James Brown

Starting to appreciate why Rich says you are full of shit...... IF you destroy property to gain access to a private residence you are NOT a protestor or a demonstrator. Those 2 stand outside locked gates they dont tear them down.... I never alluded to peaceful protestors do not exist, stop setting up straw men.....
Of course you did not.  My apologies, I was less than clear (not the first time).  Check my post again, that A-B construction was a clumsy way of emphasizing the B clause: I know the difference between rioters and peaceful protesters.  Could have done it better.  Sorry about that.

Jim

July 29, 2020 04:21 AM Forum: Politics

The Trump Wallace Redux

Posted By James Brown

You seem to be altering your tactics.....

You said "Please don't waste our time by arguing that (A) peaceful protesters do not exist or that (B) I don't know the difference." in an earlier post to me implying I said I had said something like that.....

That is what got you the "full of shit" line as I have not said nor implied anything of the sort.....

My bad, hopefully cleared in my previous post.

I am absolutely not altering my tactics.  There is at least some evidence that the "crowd of 300" was peaceful and the McCloskeys were not justified brandishing their weapons.  On the other hand, you have already formed a conclusion:

"Demonstrators? You mean rioters right? Demonstrators dont break down locked gates/destroy property and shout terroristic threats and threaten homeowners on their own property. Their position was just flat wrong.... and the McCloskeys would have been within their rights to start shooting them.

Your position on this one is the laughable one....."  You, yesterday.

My point is that this one is not cut and dried.  There are critical facts to be determined by a jury after consideration of all the evidence.   I am curious if the video showing the gate intact and unlocked made you re-think your confidence level in your quote above or not?

Jim

July 29, 2020 04:30 AM Forum: Politics

The Trump Wallace Redux

Posted By James Brown

Its been too long now to go back and find the early on reporting that showed the property in full with the broken gate and people crowding in on their house.....The caption of the pic you showed of the gate implies it is on a nearby property.....the pics I saw showed clearly it was a side gate to their property....
It has only been a couple of days.  I've Googled around and have yet to see any video of an imminent physical attack on the McCloskeys or the destruction of any property.  

The gate in the video sure looks like the same gate as the destroyed one, but it is likely that a tony neighborhood like that has lots of matching gates.  Easily could be different gates.  

You know what?  This is another fact question that must be answered before objective people can decide whether the McCloskey's self defense was justified.  

Jim

July 29, 2020 04:46 AM Forum: Politics

Nadler: That's a myth that's being spread only in D.C.

Posted By James Brown

Moving the goal posts all around are we? This topic seemed to be talking about Portland.....my comment above was about Portland and completely unrelated to the McCloskeys. Nor have I ever intimated I saw video of the McCloskeys being attacked......Had they been actually physically attacked I imagine someone would have been hauled away in an ambulance lol
Of course my reference to the "viral video" was a nod and wink back to the McCloskey thread.  You got the joke and I thought you parried it really well with your snappy reply.  Touché - point Greg.

No?

Jim 

July 29, 2020 05:21 AM Forum: Politics

The Trump Wallace Redux

Posted By James Brown

A couple of days??? It was the end of JUNE, this is almost August lol
Wow, time flies.  I looked for an aerial photo of the riot/protest but couldn't find anything.  Lots of aerial shots of the McCloskey's modest home.

Jim  

July 29, 2020 10:01 PM Forum: Politics

The Trump Wallace Redux

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

According to the McCloskey's these people were IN their yard, and I saw a video where these thugs were up ON The lawn near him about 15 ft.

That is WAY too close.  Cops are told that if a person is within 20 ft. they are in danger.   

I love this idea that they hadn't ATTACKED them yet, as the other person posited.

And they need to kill them, did they?  They held their own.  Nobody died as far as I remember. 

Maybe you're in another universe. 

Having known you and the other guy who is taking the side against self-defense, I'm pretty damned sure neither you or him have ever been in a real fight in your entire life.

As I stated before, when they're on YOUR lawn and coming towards YOU, I'd love to see your response. 

My guess is that you're a tough guy when you're here throwing around assertions that they weren't threatening, however if they came to your house, just like these leftist Mayors did, your tune would change as well. 

You don't strike me as being in the best of physical condition, and yet you don't worry about 10 or 15 guys who are up on your lawn eh? 

Best of luck with the MOB coming to your house. 

My guess is that you would be calling for help 911 style... PRONTO.
I looked at several videos yesterday during my discussions with Greg.  I did not see any videos where the "protester/rioters" were up on the lawn.  Does not mean these videos don't exist - but I did not see them.  I did see videos where large guys were standing with their arms spread looking like they were holding a line that started at the lawn/sidewalk border.  Could have been staged.

Curious if the video showing an unlocked and undamaged gate being politely held open for the protester/rioters to enter the neighborhood pierced your bubble?  Did it modify your opinion of the event or call into question your opinion about the McCloskey's version of events in any way?

Jim

July 29, 2020 10:18 PM Forum: Politics

The Trump Wallace Redux

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

If they destroyed my car, and I shoot and kill them for that reason, I go to jail for life.

If they come directly at me in a threatening way, then I can defend myself with deadly force.

Shoot someone to protect property/go to jail.

Shoot someone to defending your life, be prepared to give an account/defense for your action.

There is no more serious of an action than the taking of human life.

...and yes, I would call 911 if at all possible.
Very reasonable, and refreshing, Russ.  Quite a contrast to certain armchair/keyboard bluster:

"Send these thugs to my house.  I've got weapons ready for these morons.
They'll get a taste of what firepower is."  R.D.  7/27/20