Posts Made By: James Brown

October 15, 2020 03:18 AM Forum: Politics

Court packing

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
What is it the the republicans have been doing for the past four years? Hmmm, what could it be?

I fear what will come out of a 6-3 conservative packed SC just as much as you fear what the dems will do if and when they come into power.

Rushing through a SC nominee in three weeks before an election when they denied BO's pick for eight months. That ain't stacking a court? I'm sick of these partisan games both sides play, but the republicans are just better at playing those games. They stack the courts and then complain that that's what the democrats are going to do it. 
Hi Jim:

Filling a vacant seat is not court packing.  It is the prerogative of the President and the Senate to fill the seat, given the outcome of the 2016 and 2018 elections.  Court packing of course involves increasing the size of the court to 13 or 15 with new justices to gain a temporary majority.  Then the next R President/Senate combo increases it to 25 and so on.  Soon the SC becomes fully subject to the whims of political pressure and becomes unrecognizable and dysfunctional.   One of the best features of our government, by far, is destroyed.

Sure it stings to have RBG replaced by ACB; but:

1.  You have no idea what sort of judge she or anyone else will become.  Gorsuch and Roberts have both drifted to the left in a relatively short time.
2.  ACB has a fantastic judicial mind and temperament.  She will be a credit to the nation.
3.  Breyer and Thomas are the next judges in line for retirement or death, so, if the D's can win an election, Biden or some other Democrat can replace Thomas with a flaming liberal.

Jim

October 15, 2020 03:23 AM Forum: Politics

Court packing

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Rushing through a SC nominee in three weeks before an election when they denied BO's pick for eight months. That ain't stacking a court? I'm sick of these partisan games both sides play, but the republicans are just better at playing those games. They stack the courts and then complain that that's what the democrats are going to do. 
Hi Jim:

Also, rushing through a nominee is hardball politics, but pretty much normal for DC.  Before ACB's confirmation, the philosophical alignment of the Court will be 3 conservative, 2 center right and 3 liberal.  Of course ACB will be in the conservative or center right cohorts, at least initially.  But she does have a mind of her own, and it is an impressive mind.  The senators who are suggesting that she would be a Scalia clone or that she is beholden to Trump and can not think for herself are sexist pigs and should be ashamed of themselves.

Jim

October 15, 2020 10:27 PM Forum: Politics

Court packing

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

I'm not at all misrepresenting your views in the least.  Show me where I did.
Richard Davis said:

"Why now are you suddenly worried about Court packing?"  

https://www.fallacyfiles.org/loadques.html

October 15, 2020 10:36 PM Forum: Politics

Court packing

Posted By James Brown

You've addressed the idea of court packing...
See, this is where you admit to misrepresenting my views.  Nice face-plant.

October 15, 2020 10:44 PM Forum: Politics

Court packing

Posted By James Brown

I've missed whereby you addressed the promise that the radicals Will add 2 states, Puerto Rico, and D.C.
I'm happy to answer questions and have a discussion in an orderly fashion.  I believe that granting DC statehood would require a constitutional amendment.  Not gonna happen, so Schumer is just blustering there.  If Puerto Rico wants to be a state and can qualify through the Article IV, Section 3, Clause 1 processes that were applied most recently to HI and AK, I do not see any reason why PR should not be a state.  Sure, that is two more D Senate seats.  But for me, the Constitution is controlling.  For you, it seems to be situational.  Otherwise, why would you think Puerto Rico statehood is so radical, leftist, and unreasonable?

Jim

October 15, 2020 10:49 PM Forum: Politics

Court packing

Posted By James Brown

Feel free to answer my assertion above, or run away from it all as you have been doing throughout this forum. 

Did I miss any actual assertions?  I understand it is your opinion that if the Democrats control all three branches, "there will be NO stopping them for their radical restructuring of the entire system of gov't. that we have."  I think that is silly.   Silly and hysterical for all of the reasons I have posted here since 2004.

Jim

October 16, 2020 05:03 AM Forum: Politics

Court packing

Posted By James Brown

As for PR becoming a state, I see no reason for it.  So you say there is no reason NOT TO?

Wow, that's truly thought out by you isn't it?  

Seems you are off on some sort of tangent.  I said, "And can qualify through the Article IV, Section 3, Clause 1 processes that were applied most recently to HI and AK..."  Meaning of course that I see no Constitutional impediment to PR statehood, such as there might be with DC.   Now you are bringing economic and some fairly racist social arguments against PR statehood.  Nice pivot, but remember where we started, you were arguing that the mere thought of statehood is some sort of radical leftist plot.  Your exact quote was, "When you virtually Ignore the threats coming from the left, especially the Minority LEADER of the Senate, Chuck Schumer, threatening that they will ADD 2 States to the Union, VERY radical, it exposes your naivety for what the Radical  Leftist Democrat machine is capable of doing."

My points are that DC statehood is probably unconstitutional, although I am not sure that is settled.  Adding PR as a state is neither radical nor leftist, assuming we follow the Constitutional prescription.  I never said whether I personally favor PR statehood or not.  What is so hard for you to understand?   

October 16, 2020 05:36 AM Forum: Politics

Court packing

Posted By James Brown

And lastly, let me end my final conversation with you 
Promise?

October 16, 2020 05:38 AM Forum: Politics

Court packing

Posted By James Brown

Really?  So now you're full blown leftist race baiter are you? 

How did I inject racism and how am I racist you scumbag?  

I simply talked about the economics of adding a nation that is simply dominated by crime, poverty, and political corruption, into the US so that taxpayers can be saddled with a nation in poverty, which will do NOTHING for the citizenry of My country.

You really are adopting all the sleazy innuendo and attack ploys of the left aren't you since you've lurched left?

Is that a common result when one's brain shrinks like yours obviously has?

You indicated that you see nothing wrong with the Left adding PR as a state.

I asked you to list some benefits of the US taking on poverty stricken nations and explain how that possibly benefits the US taxpayer, and like the maggot you are you little punk, your only response is to call me a racist.

Since you're impotent to do so, I'll just take your response, as a "No, I'm too damned stupid to give any positive benefits of adding PR as a state".  

And lastly, let me end my final conversation with you by telling you to take Greg's finger, shove it up your ass and rotate on it.  F' you and the horse you rode in on you POS.
Looks like I spun you up pretty good.  I wonder why?

October 16, 2020 05:40 AM Forum: Politics

Court packing

Posted By James Brown

How did I inject racism 
"44% of their 3.2 Million citizens live below the poverty line. 

So then by taking them on as a state, we now straddle taxpaying Americans when nearly half of their citizens might just go on the public dole and we get to subsidize them now even MORE than we already do at $22 Billion per year or so. 

Since so many of their citizens are living below the poverty line, we will now be aiding them EVEN MORE.

We certainly need that, don't we now? 

Crime is rampant there. 

So the poverty and crime rate there is through the roof.  That sounds great doesn't it?

Why don't we add Liberia as a state?  I imagine you can see no reason why we shouldn't take on Liberia?  After all, they have a long tie to us from waaaaaay back when. "