New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: James Brown

August 10, 2022 02:41 AM Forum: Politics

FBI raid Mar-a-lago...

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

Yeah but it was such a childish shot I ignored it.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.  I thought it was the funniest line in the thread, funnier than either meme, since you'd brought up his ass a couple of times...  the "ass" line had good timing and was a nice re-turn of a phrase.

I will agree that humor is hard to do well on an internet chat forum!

August 10, 2022 02:54 AM Forum: Politics

FBI raid Mar-a-lago...

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

I tend to agree.....but ya never know. At least all the 2nd guessing and feverishly hopeful drama from the left is entertaining 
OK, but the overreaction from the right is entertaining too, at least to those on the left and center.  Some on the right are acting as if this raid is the end of the rule of law.  

https://spectator.org/unprecedented-fbi-raid-trump-calls-it-weaponization-of-the-justice-system/

August 10, 2022 03:44 AM Forum: Politics

FBI raid Mar-a-lago...

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Obviously its time to move on... for you.  You can't wait to move on because of what Greg is accomplishing.

Greg is making you look like your usual ASS and now you just keep perpetuating it, looking like your usual ASS  Self.... OOPS same thing different words.  LOL

By the way James, it might be time for you to check your diaper.   The incessant whining is hilarious,  tongue
If Greg were to check his own ass he would find your face and lips, right about now.

August 10, 2022 03:57 AM Forum: Politics

FBI raid Mar-a-lago...

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

Looking at today's reporting, I see the following that lends credence to my understanding:
"To get judicial approval for the search, investigators would have had to present to a judge a detailed affidavit that would establish that probable cause exists to believe that a crime had been committed and that that evidence of that crime exists in recent days at the property where the search is being sought."
"Not only would the investigators have to suggest it, not only would a line prosecutor have to agree with it, but multiple layers of management would have had to approved of it -- all the way up to the Attorney General," Daren Firestone, a former DOJ attorney, told CNN.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/politics/trump-mar-a-lago-search-explainer/index.html
Hi Rod:  I agree with Mr. Firestone.  The above is the way it should be done, and that is the way it hopefully was done in this instance.  Two things could happen that would disappoint those who hope the DOJ can pin something on Trump. 

(1)  It is still possible, even if hopefully unlikely, that an over-zealous prosecutor could have overstated the probable cause evidence internally and to the court.  That would be very bad for the DOJ. 

(2)  Perhaps more likely and more forgivable, a diligent prosecutorial team could have diligently developed strong probably cause based upon the evidence witnesses they deemed trustworthy provided them.  James speculated early in the thread that someone in Trump's inner circle had flipped.  Maybe so.  If the prosecutors are playing it by the book, they certainly expect to find evidence of a crime when they execute a search warrant like this.  But, what if the witnesses are wrong?  what if they exaggerated?  what if they lied?   It does not seem unreasonable to me that the FBI could come out of Mar-a-Lago with nothing better than Trump committing a misdemeanor by illegally holding classified documents in his home.   No smoking gun evidence.  Maybe it was never there.  Maybe it has been destroyed (bleach bit anyone?)  In such a case the raid nets nothing, not because the prosecutors are over-zealous, but because the witnesses they relied on are duds. 

We will see how it all shakes out.  Jim

August 10, 2022 04:09 AM Forum: Politics

FBI raid Mar-a-lago...

Posted By James Brown

Still butt hurt eh Water Boy?  If that's the best response you can come up with to try and jump in to support your angry buddy James here, I think you need a new cape.  

Your current one is in tatters from so many hard landings lately.  wink
Here you have definitive proof folks!  Humor is subjective.   I'm pretty sure that the taunt "butt hurt" would leave most adults appalled, not amused.

Also, hopefully for the last time, I do not have a cape.  That is Russ.  I wear a long black trenchcoat that flaps a bit when I fly, but it is not a cape.   

August 10, 2022 06:08 AM Forum: Politics

FBI raid Mar-a-lago...

Posted By James Brown

Really?  James Brown aka Water Boy suddenly swoops in, totally out of the blue, and makes a remark about Lips on some guy's ass, and I am the repressed homosexual??  

You guys never cease to give me a good belly laugh.  tongue

BTW, shouldn't you and the other lefties here be screaming from the mountain tops that Water Boy is denigrating and impugning the character of homosexuals everywhere?

Usually if I comment about one of you lefties wearing a dress, the lefty squad here comes unglued and they collectively clutch their pearls and can't catch their breath.  smile

Oh wait, I almost forgot, that's the regular double standard in action again. 

OOPS, my mistake.  
Rich, even you are not so stupid as to think that my joke (and it was a pretty good one) had anything to do with your sexual orientation.  I have no idea what your sexual orientation  might be and I do not care.   

Contrary to your post, I did not "swoop in out of the blue".  I have been very active in this thread, for me anyway and enjoyed the dialog.  Not surprisingly, you on the other hand, did swoop in just to curry favor with Greg and to take an ineffective swipe at James.  

Anyway, just in case you are that stupid:

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/ass-kisser
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ass-kissing
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/ass-kisser

August 11, 2022 12:40 AM Forum: Politics

Why the Dems hate America

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll
or, rather, do not give 2 S%^T$ about it:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/a-bad-democratic-bet-in-the-gop-primaries

"The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee spent half a million dollars on an ad boosting Gibbs, apparently on the theory that he’d be easier to beat than Meijer in the midterms this November. Gibbs, whose campaign raised far less money, has promoted not only Stop the Steal but also conspiracy theories involving Democrats and satanic rituals."

Rather than face a normal Republican candidate, the DNC would rather directly support extremist GOP candidates in the primaries so they have a better chance of winning in the general election, caring nothing about the consequences should their strategy fail. I am 100% convinced the DNC will do anything they can to secure the nomination for Donald Trump - it's basically their only chance of winning at this point.

The Dems strategy is little more than the Saddam Husien strategy in Kuwait: If I can't have it, I'll just burn it down on the way out.

Scumsucking sons of a motherless goat.
Hi Russ:  The D's did exactly this in the CO Republican Senate primary earlier this year.  They invested heavily in Mr. Ron Hanks:

Hanks, in turn, boasted of being the only anti-abortion candidate in the race and of his participation in former President Donald Trump’s Jan. 6 rally that preceded a mob storming the U.S. Capitol. Hanks has said he was not part of that group, however. He rejects the results of the 2020 presidential election and told the Colorado Sun he wouldn’t necessarily accept the results of Tuesday’s primary vote, either.

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/06/28/ron-hanks-joe-odea-colorado-election-results-primary-gop-senate/

The more moderate R, Joe O'Dea, won anyway.   He actually used the Democrat's investment in his MAGA opponent in his key last-week of the campaign advertising.  From the same source:  

O’Dea positioned himself as the more moderate option, explicitly telling reporters he’s less interested in divisive social issues than pocketbook things like inflation. He highlights his biography as an adopted son of a Denver police officer who went on to found a construction company. This is his first run for political office.

During his victory speech, he said he’d work with “reasonable people on both sides of the aisle, and stand up to the extremes.” He’d be “like a Republican Joe Manchin,” he added. Manchin is the Democratic West Virginia senator who anchors the conservative wing of his party and serves as a foil to many Democrats’ aims of expanded social programs.

Good for O'Dea!  The D's are now trying to paint him as a wild-eyed MAGA election denier too, in the same mold as the Trojan Horse they backed financially, and whom the Rs of Colorado rejected.  

August 11, 2022 12:43 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll
or, rather, do not give 2 S%^T$ about it:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/a-bad-democratic-bet-in-the-gop-primaries

"The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee spent half a million dollars on an ad boosting Gibbs, apparently on the theory that he’d be easier to beat than Meijer in the midterms this November. Gibbs, whose campaign raised far less money, has promoted not only Stop the Steal but also conspiracy theories involving Democrats and satanic rituals."

Rather than face a normal Republican candidate, the DNC would rather directly support extremist GOP candidates in the primaries so they have a better chance of winning in the general election, caring nothing about the consequences should their strategy fail. I am 100% convinced the DNC will do anything they can to secure the nomination for Donald Trump - it's basically their only chance of winning at this point.

The Dems strategy is little more than the Saddam Husien strategy in Kuwait: If I can't have it, I'll just burn it down on the way out.

Scumsucking sons of a motherless goat.
the bolded part...I almost threw up.  I sure hope you are wrong, or at least that the D's, the press, and that faction of the R party that loves Trump collectively fail to get him nominated.  At the end of the day however, I am afraid things like the raid on Mar-a-Lago make a Trump nomination more inevitable, for all the reasons posted yesterday.  

August 11, 2022 03:12 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by James Lacey

I've changed my mind on the raid's effects, even if it was only for some careless and haphazard file handling. First, what Trump did is at least as bad as Hillary's neglect, probably worse depending on the records, he was keeping. Second, no one but his base will get riled up about this. Maybe a few moderate Republicans will be incensed, but not enough to make a difference. Third, an informant turned him in, and the FBI knew what they were looking for and where to find it. I doubt the DOJ would risk political fallout unless they knew this was a slam-dunk, but as we said yesterday, stranger things have happened. Lastly, if it were a nothing-burger, all Trump would have to do is release the details of the warrant and what the FBI took. Instead, they are pushing the narrative that the FBI planted evidence.

By the way, have you read that Trump signed a law in 2018 that severely stiffened the penalty for unauthorized removal of classified documents from one year to five years and turned it into a felony offense? It was something Trump wanted after all his calls to jail Hillary. It will bar him from ever holding federal office again if he's convicted.
I had not read that, but it answers a question I had.  The statute I linked yesterday clearly says up to 5 years.  Yet the HRC era articles I read were saying "misdemeanor" and 1 year for the same statute.  (There is a companion statute by the way that was already a felony, but the burden of proof is different.)  I did not see that DJT had increased the penalty, but the discrepancy of 1 year to 5 had me puzzled.

If he goes down for that statute, a statute he himself moved from misdemeanor to felony,  the irony would be unprecedented!  

August 11, 2022 03:18 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By James Brown

Here's the fact James, you get angry when I put forth evidence to support my argument and knock down yours.  You get angry about it and your usual argument is "you think you're smarter than the rest of us Rich".  

And of course that's not it at all.  I put forth evidence and facts. You can't stand to be challenged and so you get pissed.  

Here an alternative for you James.  If you have facts on your side, then present them.  Don't get pissed off because I put forth facts and evidence that you can't dispute.  

Try challenging my facts instead of complaining all the time that someone is challenging you.  

Here's something you stated which I agree with:   A final answer would almost certainly come after some litigation.

It most certainly will and if Powell v. McCormack and Term Limits v Thorton are any indication, then it appears that there is no law that prevents Trump from holding office aside from impeachment AND REMOVAL from office, which the left failed to do....  TWICE.  
Rich, I get it that you want to argue infinitely.  I enjoy that too now and then.  But if I could break in with a question....

Would you personally prefer that Trump run in 2024, if you are given the choice between Trump and other plausible R candidates?  Jim