Mario Paliferro

Eastern Veil

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: James Brown

August 11, 2022 06:45 PM Forum: Politics

Umm..... someone needs to tell Joe that he just got done shaking the guy's hand.

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Brian McFarland

Trump received a subpoena in the spring for return of these documents. Why not simply return them? Unbelievably stupid.
I read a "linked on RCP" article today, (from a clearly and well know to be biased source), that more or less said Trump was fully cooperating.  Heaven help the FBI/DOJ if this angle turns out to be even remotely true.  https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/all-things-trump/trump-got-grand-jury-subpoena-spring-voluntarily-cooperated-home

Personally, I have a lot of faith in the justice system and doubt the linked story is true or at least nowhere near the whole truth.  This is a more plausible defensive angle than planted evidence though!  

August 11, 2022 07:19 PM Forum: Politics

Umm..... someone needs to tell Joe that he just got done shaking the guy's hand.

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Garland has submitted paperwork to get the warrant unsealed. His announcement was short, sweet, and to the point. I get the feeling he's not f-ing around. We will know what they were hiding or holding onto soon enough.
Good news.  I'm guessing that Garland would not take this step if the raid had been unjustified.   

August 17, 2022 02:02 PM Forum: Politics

Hey they saw Hypocrite Lizzie right after the election

Posted By James Brown

I wasn't bragging about her wealth. I was merely pointing out that losing her primary is hardly going to doom her to being a fast-food worker. Besides, I guess that Liz intends to try and become a leader among the sane wing of the Republican party. She knows that Trump and his MAGA politics are dying and wants to expose him for the fraud, charlatan, and criminal he is, but she also wants to lead the GOP back to sanity. She's playing the long game and doesn't need a Senate seat to accomplish her goals. I seriously doubt she is out of politics entirely.
Hi James:  Agreed on all points.  Jim

August 17, 2022 02:07 PM Forum: Politics

The Deranged Liz Cheney and her Fraudulent phony remarks during her concession speech

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Richard Davis
So Long Liz, don't let the door hit you on your fat ass on the way out.  wink
I've noticed that you never posts pictures of yourself Rich.  

August 17, 2022 02:09 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By James Brown

But you went through explanation after explanation about how "she would be the franchise owner" and "she has millions and millions", and "she is a respected politician", and.....

Well, glad you cleared that up, the idea that the simple little cartoon didn't piss you off and didn't get under your skin.  wink
James, I see that Rich walked right into your trap.  So easily done, but still, you did it extremely well.

August 17, 2022 02:11 PM Forum: Politics

Looks like Liz Cheney is Done.

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
It’s going to be fun watching her run against Trump. It’s not there is anyone else in the Trump party that’s going to run against him. I wouldn’t doubt she might even run as an independent just to pull enough votes away from the big orange bag of trans fats to deny him a win. You think she hates him now? Just wait.
Hi Jim:

I'd vote for her.  In 24, Trump is not going to win Colorado in any case.  Not enough "Richs" in this state.

August 17, 2022 03:22 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By James Brown

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

If she ran as an independent with a “Joe Lieberman” Democrat, if one even exists today, she could win in ‘24 against Trump.
Hi Russ:  I just spent a couple of days with a D friend of mine from law school.  Very liberal on social issues, not as much on the economy or foreign affairs.  A typical Hoosier Democrat.  I'm pretty sure that he would vote for a Cheney/New Liebermann ticket over Biden Harris.  I am 100% sure he would vote that ticket over Trump or DeSantis.  

I would donate to and campaign for that ticket.  I don't think it is practical though, the EC is quite a burden in this instance.  How many states could possibly flip away from their Red/Blue biases?

Jim

August 17, 2022 03:31 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By James Brown

I admit it, I'm an issue voter.

This is the biggest crock of all time!  You are a "sports team" voter.  You slavishly, irrationally, and blindly support a candidate with no skills in governance and no redeeming moral qualities.  You support him because you viscerally hate the snobbish elites on the other side.  People whom you know deplore you.  You hate the snobbish elites with some justification I should add. 

This hatred of elites on "the other side" permeates everything you write and stokes your eternal anger.   The issues do not matter to you at all.  You are the most reactionary, predictable and "issue free" voter I have ever come across.  You support Trump because your lodestar is pure hatred of those elites in the press, DC, big tech, and so on who despise you.  You would support anything up to and including the destruction of the country to spite them.

August 17, 2022 03:34 PM Forum: Politics

The Deranged Liz Cheney and her Fraudulent phony remarks during her concession speech

Posted By James Brown

5' 7" and between 142 and 145.  

Anything else you need to know about me Water Boy? 

OOPS, almost forgot 61 going on 62 in Jan.  
I knew your age.  We have covered that before.  I am curious to see what you look like.  I have a picture in my head and I want to see if it checks out.  

August 17, 2022 03:47 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By James Brown

Right, because voting against a liar, a charlatan, an extremist, a tax cheat, and a narcissistic sociopath who cares about nothing other than what he can personally gain from the office of the POTUS is all about voting against nothing more than personality. Good grief. You have to be a cult member to think that Trump belongs anywhere near the office of the POTUS again.
At some level Rich knows that Trump is a liar, a charlatan, an extremist, a tax cheat, and a narcissistic sociopath (at least).  Even so, he would gladly vote for Trump because it is the best way Rich can think of to strike back at his "enemies."