My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darian Rachal

June 24, 2004 08:48 PM Forum: Politics

Sudan?

Posted By Darian Rachal

Just curious, has anyone been keeping up w/the slaughter that is taking place in Sudan? Like the situation in Rwanda years ago, it seems that the murder of thousands of black Africans is hardly newsworthy. cwy

How come Rev. Jackson & Sharpton aren't lamenting this? No $ involved?

June 24, 2004 09:54 PM Forum: Politics

Text of speech by Gore

Posted By Darian Rachal

Gore has some interesting thoughts on the Bush administration's insistance of a Al Qaeda/Hussein connection. It's a fairly long speech, but actually very well written. 8O http://www.drudgereport.com/gore.htm

June 25, 2004 01:26 AM Forum: Politics

Detroit population drops!

Posted By Darian Rachal

Between April 2000 & July 2003 the population of Detroit dropped 40,000. shocked Any thoughts on this from you up in the MI area?

June 30, 2004 06:37 PM Forum: Religion

Church history

Posted By Darian Rachal

If anyone has an interest in the history of the Catholic Church, I highly recommend Triumph:The Power & the Glory of the Catholic Church by H.W. Crocker III.

It's basically a 2000 year history of the Church. I'm only about 1/3 through it, but one of the things I have found quite interesting is the different heretical teachings that the Church had to deal with in it's first 300 years.

It's a very well written book, not at all dry reading. DR

July 1, 2004 02:59 PM Forum: Politics

July 2, 2004 02:05 AM Forum: Politics

Women as hostages?

Posted By Darian Rachal

Saw an article on Drudge about how some of the terrorists in Iraq might target American women soldiers for capture. I wonder what would be the reaction if they cut the head off of a 19 year old woman?

Do you think the US might reconsider it's position of putting women in war zones?

July 5, 2004 08:47 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

The Notebook-Excellent movie

Posted By Darian Rachal

I highly recommend that those of you that like romance, go see the movie The Notebook; particularly you women. Although men that appreciate true romance(like me) smile , will find it very appealing as well.

July 7, 2004 09:49 PM Forum: Politics

Moore's movie

Posted By Darian Rachal

Went to see Fahrenheit 9-11 this evening. Actually, I found the movie quite enjoyable & entertaining. It does provoke some interesting questions. I recommend seeing it whether you are pro or anti-Bush. DR

July 15, 2004 12:52 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

HST

Posted By Darian Rachal

The most recent reports I've read indicate that the future of the HST is pretty bleak. cwy

July 29, 2004 05:57 PM Forum: Religion

John Edwards

Posted By Darian Rachal

Did anyone else notice how much Edwards sounded like a Baptist preacher when he made that speech last night? Do they teach that in seminary schools? wink