New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darian Rachal

May 5, 2020 08:34 AM Forum: Politics

Trump Gallup up 6 to 49 Disapproval Down 7

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

Dyed in the wool Trumptoids believe anything Trump says or does. One wonders how they reconcile his lies, contradictions, flip-flops and stupid comments. Along as they got their MAGA hats on, it's all good...
Rod, as I've stated on several occasions, look at the alternative.🤔

May 5, 2020 09:15 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Of course, the base is never going to move, but there are a lot of people who will be moved by these kinds of ads where it matters in swing states. I suspect tens of millions of people that have been negatively impacted economically by this crisis will also be persuadable. Older Americans who were or are trying to retire before this all happened won't need much convincing to realize they are worse off than four years ago. Then, there will be all the people that have been affected by the death and illness of COVID-19. Health care providers loved ones and family members and so forth and so on. You bet these ads will make a difference, and Trump is the gift that just keeps on giving. For example, reports are that Rick Bright is filing a whistleblower complaint with the HHS about the bogus coronavirus cure hydroxychloroquine.

The latest Dallas Morning News poll shows Trump in a tie with Biden. In Texas. Let that sink in.
Meaningless s**t.sleeping

May 5, 2020 08:11 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Darian Rachal

Well, at least you didn't trot out the tired and old TDS canard. It's progress.
James, I guess it really isn't meaningless if it resulted in your arousal.grin

May 5, 2020 08:20 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Darian Rachal

"Two days before Trump lashed out at Parscale, the president had been briefed by his campaign manager and several top political advisers on internal campaign and Republican National Committee (RNC) data that showed him heading for a loss in key 2020 battleground states, CNN reported."
That was the Trump's campaign's own internal polling. Is that crap, too Darian?
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495369-trump-lashed-out-at-campaign-manager-over-polling-showing-him

Rod, you should be very excited and looking forward to a glorious Democrat victory in November. Maybe they'll gain control of both Houses of Congress as well and we'll be on our way to utopia.

May 5, 2020 08:30 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Darian Rachal

Darian,

Arousal is not a word I would have chosen; let's just go with provoked, shall we? Seriously though, Darian, have you seen head-to-head state polls lately? It is not looking good for Trump at all. Granted, it's early, the only poll that matters is the one in November, and so forth and so on, but they are hard to ignore. In FL, Biden is +3; in TX, it's a tie; in MI, Biden is +8; in MN Biden is +12; NV, NH, NC, OH, PA, VA all perennial swing states tell the same story. You can ignore it and poo-poo it all you want, but these numbers are awful for Trump.
James, it is certainly within the realm of possibility that Trump may lose in November. Since I'm not inclined to pay much attention to polls, either favorable or unfavorable, I not sure what the polls were saying in May 2016. I suspect that it was not a Trump victory. As pathetic as Clinton was, she seemed to be a notch above Biden.

May 14, 2020 05:07 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Don't worry. Trump is our president...
Are you still hiding underneath your bed, Rod?😷🤒🤧

May 14, 2020 10:43 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

No, but I wear a mask in public, unlike you...
Hopefully, you're not one of those people taking it off to puff on a cigarettetongue or wearing it driving around? I've even seen people riding a bicycle or walking for exercise wearing one. What's up with that? I guess it's one of those trendy things these days.smile

May 15, 2020 12:38 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Darian,

Face-mask shaming by the right seems to be a bit hypocritical now that the White House has ordered its staff to wear masks, don't you think? I mean seriously, the White House and Trump spend weeks sending contradictory messages about safety guidelines during the outbreak. Then, as soon as the West Wing has a severe epidemic among their staff, they freak out, start testing everyone every day and issue a mandatory mask order. Finally, they seem to understand what is needed to keep everyone safe in the West Wing is common-sense safety precautions and test, trace, and isolate protocols. We can only hope that sometime soon, they will conclude that it is what is needed for the rest of us as well and come up with a national strategy for how to deal with this crisis effectively rather than the chaotic piece-meal disaster that is unfolding before us in slow-motion.
James, where is this disaster that you are talking about? There may be areas here in Louisiana that have large numbers of deaths; I don't bother checking on the numbers anymore; I'm inclined to think they are inflated. Regardless, the area I live in has had very few deaths and I'm even inclined to be skeptical about those numbers. I don't bother listening to our Democrat governor's daily updates; he's delusional if he thinks localities are going to obey his dictates. He makes petty threats that are comical. 

I have plans to attend an outdoor wedding this weekend which I anticipate 75+ people attending. The local authorities have been notified and have no plans to interfere. Everyone around here is not cowering in fear.

Other than the fact that I am inconvenienced somewhat when grocery shopping and knowing that local businesses(few that I actually patronize) are being subjected to absurd rules in order to reopen, the virus situation doesn't interest me at the present time.* Basically, I try to not "worry" about matters that I have absolutely no control over. I'm actually more concerned about whether I'm going to be able to observe Venus as it approaches inferior conjunction this month. I'm also hoping to observe Venus and Mercury's close approach.

* I forgot, it's also interfered with the weekly dance workshops that I normally attend.

May 15, 2020 03:13 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Darian,

There have been over 86,000 deaths and close to 1.5Mn infections in four months, and that is with extreme non-pharmaceutical interventions nationwide. No one can reasonably deny that without the stay-at-home orders, school closings, and other social-mitigation efforts that those numbers would be significantly higher. The death-rater from COVID-19 is higher than the only two other biggest killers of Americans cancer and heart disease.

Even if you do choose to ignore or dispute the deaths, it's impossible to ignore the economic damage caused by this world-wide pandemic. It's not a hoax. It's not a liberal-media invention designed to harm Trump. It is doing real harm, and it's frankly a little unbelievable that you seem to think there is no disaster unfolding in front of you.
James, I am quite aware of the economic damage that has occurred from government policies of closing down the economies. Hopefully, there will be a relatively quick recovery once the virus has run its course. The majority of the 86,000(?) deaths have been concentrated in specific areas, as you well know. 

I do think the Democrat Party sees this as an opportunity to undermine Trump's reelection.

James, I have simply become very weary of a daily barrage of "virus news" through the media.

May 15, 2020 04:14 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Brian McFarland

There's a bit of Darwin at work going on with all this. My advice is just believe the science (even if you can't do the math!) and ignore the politicians and conspiracy theorists. You'll be much better off.
Brian, are you suggesting that the virus is affecting those individuals who are not in the category of the "fittest", as in "survival of the fittest"?