Posts Made By: Darian Rachal

September 20, 2021 03:00 AM Forum: Politics

Going, Going, Maybe Gone

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Mel Maki
Know this isn't our typical politics, but it is gonna be an extra kick to the gut if General Sherman burns.
There is a little used gravel road not far from here that lets us drive right next to huge redwoods. Smaller than the trees in that area because they are a smaller type but nonetheless jaw dropping. 
Damn.
Mel, I just did a search and found this. I seemed to remember this is the case with the old redwoods.

"Once in a great while, fire will go up the trunk of a Sequoia, burn the crown, and thus kill the tree. Both kinds of Redwood are thus exceedingly resistant to fire and its effects. Of course, hot fires will kill the young Redwoods, but once the trees have reached maturity they are not easily killed."

September 20, 2021 03:16 AM Forum: Politics

Going, Going, Maybe Gone

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
You guys do need to view CNN instead of MAGA media:
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/sequoias-wrapped-knp-complex-fire-trnd/index.html
Rod, I suspect that considering how old these trees are, they may have survived many fires over the years.smile

September 29, 2021 09:24 AM Forum: Politics

Biden Accelerates Deportation Flights From Texas To Haiti

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Brian McFarland

I'm actually a fan of the Oxford comma. I think I'm in the clear minority on that one.
smile

October 5, 2021 03:56 AM Forum: Politics

F Joe Biden... F Joe Biden

Posted By Darian Rachal

cool Rich, I liked the video with the "balloon" in it.angel

October 24, 2021 09:31 PM Forum: Sports

Unbelievable!

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Richard Davis
So how absurd are the crazies out there who want to take any fun out of the game??? 

Just check out this idiotic call by the Refs in the Iowa State game today. 

Ridiculous.

He was called for TAUNTING?? Who the Hell did he taunt? 

Political correctness has gone amuck!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/iowa-state-announcer-worst-call-224833316.html
Rich, at least Iowa State won the game.smile You are right, I don't see any taunting of another player. I was pleased to see IL beat Penn State in 9X OT, although I'm not too sure about the college OT format.

October 24, 2021 09:38 PM Forum: Politics

This President is a F'in Joke!

Posted By Darian Rachal

And the left just continues to lie about this incoherent moron. 

How many people watched that S***show over at CNN that they touted as some sort of Townhall Meeting?

400,000 or so?  This was the President of the US speaking to the American People in a staged production that had all the integrity of a Nigerian Phone Scam.  

The whole thing was staged with questions that were known beforehand and the guy supposedly in charge of this nation, could barely remember where he was at times.

CNN's Paul Begala on Joe Biden's Performance: "This is a man in command of his own Presidency"

Who is that clown kidding?

Joe Biden isn't in command of his own diaper, let alone his Presidency.

Asked about the gas price situation? 

That bumbling idiot tells us "I don't when this is going to end, probably not 'till 2022". 

Asked about inflation?

"Its temporary" he tells us, when every other person in his cabinet tells us that it is going to be with us through the end of 2022.

Asked about the cost of his Human Infrastructure $3.5 Trillion dollar boondoggle?

"Its paid for, it costs ZERO, ZERO, ZERO".

Asked about the border?

"I've been down there, and I probably should go again but I'm too busy"

The guy just lies through his teeth and the idiots on the left buy it hook, line, and sinker.

I guess he believes that the thinking Americans out will believe his bullshit and suck up his lies, the way the idiots in the Democrat party believe the horseshit this idiot feeds them every time he opens up his pie hole to lie to them. 

Sorry folks, he's a lying sack of s***. That's what we have leading this nation.

We are in deep s*** as a nation, with this buffoon-in-chief telling us what is going on. 

He doesn't know where he's at, what his full name is, who he's married to, and which of the 50 States in this USA he's standing in, let alone who is the President of the US.

If you asked him directly he'd probably say "President Kamala Harris, I work for her". 

After all he did at one point say he'd been the Vice President for 36 years, and that he was a Senator for more than 200 years. 
Rich, you've pretty much 'hit the nail on the head' with this characterization of the present "occupant" in the WH.

November 1, 2021 08:48 AM Forum: Politics

Trump Can't Even Go To the World Series Without Lying About it...

Posted By Darian Rachal

Rod, I heard he was participating in the "Let's Go Brandon" chant.😄

November 8, 2021 10:54 PM Forum: Politics

Happy Election Day

Posted By Darian Rachal

Precisely. 

From the article:

Youngkin's son did not vote and "made no false statements" or "disrupt voting," Konopasek said. He was "given a registration form and encouraged to register for future elections," the election official added.

"Based upon information available to me now, it appears that he committed no election offense as defined in Chapter 10 of the Elections Code," Konopasek concluded. The statement named Youngkin's son, but CNN chose not to identify him because he is a minor and was found not to have committed a crime.

Now isn't that above statement in bold just hilarious? 

CNN chose not to identify him because he was a minor. 

The ENTIRE CNN article was about Youngkin's son trying to vote.

Glad to see that CNN didn't identify him.  tongue

CNN has to be the most HACK news organization of all time, even worse than the NY Times, IF that is possible.  
Rich, it makes you wonder, who watches that crap?winkw00t

November 10, 2021 12:31 AM Forum: Politics

Carl Sagan's Advice increases in importance every day..

Posted By Darian Rachal

Interesting, David. I've mentioned this before, but 5 or 6 years ago, iirc, I came to the realization that what I know is like a grain of sand. What I do not know is like the beach, or the desert if one prefers. smile

November 12, 2021 04:56 AM Forum: Politics

OT: Texas Star Party?

Posted By Darian Rachal

I know it's odd to bring up in a Political Forum, but I'm just curious if any of you fellows ever attended TSP back in the '80s and early '90s? I attended regularly back then and am wondering if I ever run into any of you?