My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darian Rachal

April 8, 2003 12:04 PM Forum: Telescope Making

11"F3.3 lense on Astromart

Posted By Darian Rachal

Has anyone checked out this 3 element lense for sale? Talk about rich field. :-) I'm not sure under what catagory or if it's still listed. DR

April 15, 2003 11:53 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

For a good laugh

Posted By Darian Rachal

No offense is meant to anyone, but for a good laugh just check out the titles of some of the current posts on the Religion forum. :-) DR

April 15, 2003 09:22 PM Forum: DVDs and Music and Books That You Recommend

Recommendations

Posted By Darian Rachal

DVD-Das Boot
Music-Master of Reality---Black Sabbath

April 18, 2003 07:15 AM Forum: Religion

Old English prayer

Posted By Darian Rachal

"God help me in my search for truth, and protect me from those who believe they have found it."

April 24, 2003 11:03 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Dominance of the Federal Government?

Posted By Darian Rachal

Perhaps someone on this forum can answer a question I have about how the Federal government came to have as much power as it does. It's my understanding that when the U.S. was established, each state was like a small nation that joined together for the common good of all. There were a few powers given to the Federal government, but very few & the states were granted most of the power. It's my understanding that this was the way that the men that founded America wished it to be.
Somewhere, along the line, the federal government began to acquire more & more power at the expense of the states. Could someone explain when this began to happen or was it something that began immediately, from the beginning? It seems to me that this has been an erosion of freedom over the years. I know it is difficult to imagine a situation where each state is like a small nation, since people have gotten so accustomed to following federal dictates, but I personally think it would be a much freer situation.
If someone has some answers, I'd appreciate them.

April 28, 2003 09:41 PM Forum: DVDs and Music and Books That You Recommend

Re: The Beast

Posted By Darian Rachal

James, I didn't see this, but isn't it about a Russian tank crew that gets lost? Seems like I heard something about this somewhere. DR

April 29, 2003 11:02 AM Forum: Religion

FWIW

Posted By Darian Rachal

P,R,& P is now #3, moving past TM earlier today.

April 29, 2003 12:32 PM Forum: Star Parties

TSP weather?

Posted By Darian Rachal

Has anybody has contact with anyone at TSP? I'm wondering how the weather has been. DR

May 1, 2003 08:05 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Dominique from Belgium?

Posted By Darian Rachal

What ever happened to this fellow? I believe I've got the name & country correct. Did I miss something? "Inquiring minds want to know." DR

May 4, 2003 08:58 PM Forum: Religion

Re: And you thought only Americans were

Posted By Darian Rachal

Bill, you're right. It has been rather quiet on the Religion & Philosophy fronts since Politics gradually migrated from OT to its rightful place here. :-) DR

Where's Croad?