Posts Made By: Darian Rachal

May 6, 2003 01:23 AM Forum: Religion

Re: And you thought only Americans were

Posted By Darian Rachal

James, I probably read the Lifton book back in the late 80s. When I mentioned rationale, primarily what I was referring to were the reasons certain activities took place in the camps. From what I recall, it became a practical matter for certain people to be killed to deal with overcrowding, lack of food, spread of disease, etc..
An effective way of getting rid of bodies would be to burn them.

I'm not trying to justify cruelty, but the point, I believe, Lifton was making was that the horrible circumstances requires practical decisions that were themselves horrible.

I still do not know if I'm making my point clearly. It seems to me that when people see the words, concentration camps, it conjures up a certain image in their minds & they are unable to think about matters in any other way.

Respectfully, DR

May 6, 2003 03:53 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Stunt Kites?

Posted By Darian Rachal

I am curious as to whether anyone on these forums flies stunt kites for a hobby? DR

May 6, 2003 09:28 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Re: Latest on Jessica Lynch

Posted By Darian Rachal

Interesting link, Michael. There was always something about the Lynch story, when it first came out, that rubbed me the wrong way; just something a little too "propagandistic" about it. Typical. Thanks, Darian Rachal

May 9, 2003 04:17 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

What happened to James Griggs?

Posted By Darian Rachal

No posts since the 5th. I'm waiting for him to post a picture with his head on one of the female bodybuilder's bodies. DR

May 10, 2003 02:36 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Jim Taylor Critical of OT Forum!!!!

Posted By Darian Rachal

Today, Jim Taylor posted in the Astromart Suggestions Forum that we have been posting "unconstructive" crap in the OT Forum. I chided him for his remark. I thought it was at least constructive crap. DR

May 14, 2003 02:23 AM Forum: Religion

Noah's Ark: Was Good & Evil

Posted By Darian Rachal

Brien, I mean no disrepect by this question, but if the story of Noah is not literal, but mythology, would that undermine your faith? DR

May 16, 2003 03:54 PM Forum: Religion

Noah's Ark: James Irwin

Posted By Darian Rachal

I seem to recall that James Irwin, who walked on the moon, was quite involved in the search for Noah's Ark business. I had a chance to meet him at a small Baptist church in Casa Grande, AZ back in the late '70s.

I always found it quite interesting/perplexing that he took the matter literally.

Was he the one that participated in some ESP experiments on the flight, as well? DR

May 16, 2003 04:24 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Panaramic Mount: Az movement

Posted By Darian Rachal

I have a Ranger on a TV Panaramic mount. The movement in Az is a bit "sticky". Anybody else encountered this problem & rectified it? Thanks, DR

May 19, 2003 02:34 AM Forum: Religion

Did Adam & Eve have navels?

Posted By Darian Rachal

I'm sure this is not a new question, but I was reading something today & this came up. I'm sure this has some theological, perhaps even salvific relevance. DR

May 19, 2003 02:15 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Parfocal rings?

Posted By Darian Rachal

It seems to me there are a couple of places where parfocal rings can be purchased. One was a company in Canada & I believe there was another, as well. Can anyone give me some information on this. Thanks, DR