Posts Made By: Darian Rachal

May 20, 2003 07:15 PM Forum: Religion

Terror alert raised to High(Orange)

Posted By Darian Rachal

I'm just curious, do any of you pay attention to this stuff? DR

May 23, 2003 07:31 AM Forum: Religion

Earth & moon from Mars:86,000,000 miles away

Posted By Darian Rachal

I'm sure you all saw this shot on the Equipment Forum & elsewhere, but just looking at it, it makes one wonder about the usefulness of political boundaries & nationalistic thinking. Do you think that maybe one day the human race will cooperate in a planetary government with the idea of doing what is best for the human race, as a whole?

Some might say that the United Nations is the first step in this process. Anybody else have any thoughts on this matter? DR

May 24, 2003 08:51 PM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

Richard Fagin?

Posted By Darian Rachal

Does anyone know if Richard is still producing mirrors or what ever happened to him? I believe he ran a company years ago called Summit Instruments. DR

May 25, 2003 08:24 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

EZ Star from EZ Telescope.com

Posted By Darian Rachal

Has anyone used this product? It seems that having a good artificial star would make collimation pretty simple. DR

May 30, 2003 06:51 PM Forum: Religion

Literal truth in the Bible

Posted By Darian Rachal

I came across an interesting statement by Pascal in "Pensees" Section 10 #687, "When the word of God, which is really true, is false literally, it is true spiritually."

June 3, 2003 06:46 AM Forum: Religion

John 3:16

Posted By Darian Rachal

I remember years ago when watching baseball on TV, there was a fellow in the stands, right behind home plate where he'd always be seen, holding a small sign with John 3:16 on it. He had multicolored hair. Then I noticed while watching some golf matches that he was in the gallery as well.

Seems like I read an article about him once. It's been awhile since I watched baseball or golf on TV, but I was just wondering if he's still there?

June 18, 2003 02:47 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Re: Floaters

Posted By Darian Rachal

Mike, I've noticed that as I get older(almost 50), gray colored floaters have started appearing. They are visible when I look at a computer screen or the sky. When I squint my eyes, they become better defined & look like a small mass of knotted string. The optometrist told me they just come with age & are more apparent to people that are nearsighted. He said not to worry unless I start seeing white ones of similar size. DR

July 24, 2003 12:54 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Lasik cost?

Posted By Darian Rachal

Has the cost of this procedure gone down in price over the years, or remained about the same? I considered this back in my late 30s, but was told that since my eyes would probably change in my 40s(which they did), they'd not recommend it.

I'm not seriously considering it, but it certainly seems to be a relatively routine procedure these days. Darian Rachal

August 11, 2003 07:34 PM Forum: Religion

The movie "Passion" by Mel Gibson

Posted By Darian Rachal

I'd be curious to hear what any of you have heard about this movie? I've heard that some Jewish groups are offended by it & that the actors speak Latin through out the movie. DR

August 15, 2003 11:34 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Re: You are not in control of your body

Posted By Darian Rachal

James, I hope this is not something you discovered on your own. smile DR