My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darian Rachal

January 21, 2004 09:01 AM Forum: Religion

Howard Deans scream

Posted By Darian Rachal

I'm sure most of you must have heard Deans speech after he came in 3rd in Iowa. When I heard the speech live, I thought it may have been someone in the audience. But later it was played repeatedly on a number of talk shows. It was very humorous, to say the least.

FWIW, on a different note, I suspect that Kerry(a Mass. liberal) will have a difficult time in the South. Ted Kennedy is not too popular around here. Right now I'm inclined to think that Edwards would be the best choice for the Dems. DR

January 21, 2004 08:04 PM Forum: Religion

Political site with polls

Posted By Darian Rachal

A political site I check into occasionally that might interest someone is http://www.realclearpolitics.com .DR

January 24, 2004 08:51 AM Forum: Religion

Re: Arthur C. Clarke and S&T

Posted By Darian Rachal

Just an old man babbling nonsense.(ACC, that is. Not you, Bill) smile DR

January 30, 2004 05:50 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Re: Pats-vs-Cats predictions?

Posted By Darian Rachal

Since Jake Delhomme is from this area, I'll have to go Panthers 27, Patriots 17. DR

February 4, 2004 09:20 PM Forum: Celestron

Posted By Darian Rachal

Herb must be sleeping. smile DR

February 9, 2004 10:03 AM Forum: Religion

Dean Bandwagon?

Posted By Darian Rachal

I seem to recall, back before the Iowa caucases, there were a number of people posting to this forum who were on the Dean bandwagon. I do not recall who & it is not important, but I'd be interested in hearing from some who were, what went wrong or if they still think he has a chance?

Anybody on the Kerry bandwagon? As I stated previously, if Kerry can successfully remake himself to appeal to Southern voters, he will have pulled quite a "rabbit out of a hat".
JMHO. DR

February 21, 2004 08:21 AM Forum: Religion

No End to the Neocon's War

Posted By Darian Rachal

Pat Buchanan wrote an interesting & fairly lengthy article about the people in Bush's cabinet who are encouraging the "war on terrorism". Even if you are not a fan of Buchanan, he makes some very valid points that I've not heard from other sources. I think it's well worth reading. The link is http://www.amconmag.com/3_1_04/print/coverprint.html

DR

PS If this has been mentioned before in this forum, sorry for the repeat.

February 22, 2004 09:26 PM Forum: Religion

Re: Could not help but notice

Posted By Darian Rachal

Bill, Speaking of JC, I noticed a post by him, the other day, on saa. DR

February 26, 2004 09:37 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Introduction to Amateur Astronomy class

Posted By Darian Rachal

On the 18th of March, I am scheduled to teach a Continuing Education(non credit) class entitled "Amateur Astronomy" Telescopes & Observing, at a local college.

Basically, I plan to familiarize the participants with the various types of telescopes, how to use them properly, & advantages of different designs. I do not plan to cover basic astronomy(moon phases, constellations, etc.).

I believe I have covered most of the ground in my class outline, but I thought I'd ask here in case I've forgotten something or someone may have some suggestions. Thanks for any thoughts on this. DR

March 4, 2004 10:51 AM Forum: Politics

Savage Nation?

Posted By Darian Rachal

I am just curious about whether anyone on this Forum listens to this program? I can't pick it up locally, so I have to listen to it over the net, from a station in Dallas.
I find the show entertaining at times & he's certainly not PC.