My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darian Rachal

March 7, 2004 11:28 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

CCD Imaging

Posted By Darian Rachal

FWIW, I just noticed that the CCD imaging forum overtook the OT forum in number of posts & is just a couple of thousand behind the TM forum. DR

March 11, 2004 06:04 AM Forum: Religion

Re: Why I think 'The Passion' is evil...

Posted By Darian Rachal

Mike, Tell us how you really feel. smile DR

March 17, 2004 11:08 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

March 17, 2004 06:53 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

My Amateur Astronomy class

Posted By Darian Rachal

My free Continuing Education class is scheduled tomorrow night. So far 15 people have signed up. Orion, S&T, & Astronomy sent me some nice catalogs & brochures to pass out. I plan to bring my TV Ranger & DGM OA-4 for display & possibly observing. Hopefully, I'll recruit some new amateurs in this area(Alexandria, LA).

One thing I plan to do is assist those participants, who may be interested in purchasing equipment, in getting the best buy for their money. I'll recommend Astromart to them & assist them with any purchases they may consider. DR

March 18, 2004 01:15 AM Forum: Religion

Re: Natural luck, religious moment, or what?

Posted By Darian Rachal

That's God speaking to you, Bill. wink DR

March 18, 2004 01:34 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

New book I'm reading.

Posted By Darian Rachal

"Traci Lords-Underneath It All" by Traci Elizabeth Lords. I bought a poster of her years ago, having no idea who she was. She was sitting in a black chair, scantily clad in black, with black high-heeled shoes, & bright red lipstick. I found her very attractive. It's an interesting autobiography.

Any Betty Page fans? DR

March 19, 2004 08:25 PM Forum: Religion

Racial Consciousness - attn: (Christ)opher Faris

Posted By Darian Rachal

Chris, Your post is well written, but I still find it difficult to believe that the basis for Jewish persecution, after the emergence of Christianity is the idea that the Jews are responsible for the death of Jesus. As a matter of fact, I do not believe I ever heard this statement until sometime after I was an adult. I did not believe in Christianity at the time & even then it did not make any sense.

If you are so inclined, spend a little time reading some anti-semitic literature; "The International Jew" by Henry Ford or David Duke's site. You can probably find links there. The only reason I am mentioning this is that you find a common thread in these writings, explaining their rationale for anti-semitism. Never, on any site have I ever come across anything about killing Christ.

This may be one of those matters where we shall have to respectfully disagree. And Chris, I may be mistaken. If so, at the present time I am frankly, incapable of understanding my error. DR

March 20, 2004 02:17 AM Forum: Politics

March 21, 2004 03:54 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Green Flash?

Posted By Darian Rachal

The APOD is of the green flash. I have seen this one time, back in 1975, while I was on a beach in Florida. I've looked for it since then on occasions when I thought it might be visible, but have not seen it.

I'm just curious about how many of you have seen this? The thing I remember most about it was the intense emerald color & the brevity. DR

March 29, 2004 10:05 PM Forum: Religion