Posts Made By: Kevin Conville

August 11, 2004 06:01 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Bush Says National Sales Tax Worth Considering

Posted By Kevin Conville

Jim Babcock-
"Or does it have to be bad just because conservatives think it is good"

Must you ALWAYS load the issue Jim?
You're so sure all conservatives are behind this?

I think it's worth looking at. If tiers could be implemented to insulate the poor that would be good.

Here's a potential unexpected consequence...
This could really fuel the underground economy. Doing yet more business "off the books".
Internet commerce has already bit hard. The prospect of saving say, 20% on a big ticket item can be quite an incentive.

August 12, 2004 06:51 PM Forum: Politics

Scorched Earth

Posted By Kevin Conville

If you think it's been dirty so far, just wait.

If the trend lines stay about where they are or continue to decline for Bush, watch out!

I'm expecting lies of mythological proportions. Keep in mind this is Cheney's last gasp (both figuratively and probably literally) as well as Rumsfeld's. They have sanctioning from the American Taliban, er... I mean the Religious Right, to win at all cost.

Karl Rove, the antichrist of all that is decent and good, will be cut loose to lay waste to all that might stand in their way. Expect something big.

August 21, 2004 06:53 PM Forum: Politics

The Call for a National Intel Chief

Posted By Kevin Conville

Insightful observations here...

August 25, 2004 08:55 AM Forum: Politics

Fair and Balanced

Posted By Kevin Conville

To all you objective, clear thinkers out there and even you that get their news from FOX, you might want to view OutFoxed (the movie). In an attempt to get the whole story I'm sure you all will want to see it, after all 59% of 222 respondees here on this site indicated they think FOX is the best source of TV news and "Fair and Balanced" is your credo.

Even I, who has formed an opinion about FOX some time ago, was more than entertained as many things were more fully explained that I already knew and/or suspected about FOX. Now nobody likes their particular apple cart upset so I'm really not expecting any substantive response or gain from this suggestion but just in case some of you feel like taking two steps back and a deep breath it might, "just" might, change your perspective if just a bit.

September 8, 2004 07:41 PM Forum: Politics

Re: The VP is correct

Posted By Kevin Conville

It's obvious in this puny little forum who's afraid. The Repubulicans are counting heavily on a fearful, weak spined populous to get elected. They speak of nothing BUT why YOU need to be fearful. And look it works. It works with the religious right, it works with neo-cons, and it works with the ignorant... just as it worked in 1930's Germany.

Those who choose to ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

It's very depressing to me to see our collective conscience in this country taking so many steps backward. Objective reasoning seems to mean less today than at anytime I can remember.

So, congratulations all you God fearing, loyal parrots and ditto heads, you'll probably win. I feel the left should just give the right what it's begging for and just disappear for awhile. For a party that has ALL the power, they are a hateful and dogmatic bunch and without the evil left to pin all the world's problems on they'll turn upon themselves as this is what they know.

September 9, 2004 10:50 PM Forum: Politics

October 11, 2004 09:57 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Libs take lesson from Nixon

Posted By Kevin Conville

Or... is it total fiction?

I'm so cynical these days thanks to the current regime that I don't believe anything is necessarily what it appears to be. I sound like the Karl Rove crier, but I am FAR more likely to believe that this is his handy work than anyone elses.

October 15, 2004 05:20 PM Forum: Politics

Re: three Bushes?

Posted By Kevin Conville

Surprised?! This is exactly why Bush is in office. He's anybody's dog who'll hunt with him.

A blank slate, a puppet. He does what he's told! As best he can anyway.

October 29, 2004 06:40 PM Forum: Politics

Undies bunched

Posted By Kevin Conville

I think Kerry's going to win. I HOPE Kerry's going to win.

IF he wins there are going to be a lot of republicans that will be quite pissed off. Good.

Here's a question: If Kerry wins should we treat republicans like Nazis after WWII? They've considered us as godless, pinko, posey sniffing faggots so shouldn't we treat them as red neck yahoo Nazis? Or should we be far better than them? You know, not act like we have a mandate. Not act like we are righteous and they're just here to pay their taxes?

I suspect we will be far better. Democrats are more generous and, I believe, have a broader point of view that has the whole of the country's interest at heart. Here's to a little hope for the future smile

October 29, 2004 10:34 PM Forum: Politics

Bizarro

Posted By Kevin Conville

about right