Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

IC 5070 + NGC 7000

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Kevin Conville

May 23, 2004 10:41 PM Forum: Polls

Best TV News

Posted By Kevin Conville

At the risk of this thread running away, I have to respond.

James your comments are SPECTACULARLY simplistic.

Do you believe that Zinni (former commander of all troops in the Mideast) is a turncoat P.O.S. that would sell his soul for a book deal? I don't.

And do you think that Richard Clark (the guy installed by Reagan, kept by Bush 1, Clinton, and Bush 2 is a turncoat P.O.S. that would sell his soul for a book deal? I don't.

You could do yourself a favor and try to find out a little bit about Rupert Murdoch (Fox, and oh so many others) and just who in the Bush administration might have conflict of interests.

In case you haven't noticed, anyone- regardless of their reputation and/or service to our country, becomes a traitorous P.O.S. when they oppose this administration. Don't forget O'Neil and McCain as well. Seems the only honorable people in government are alligned with Bush/Cheney. Makes me long for the days when we had commies to hate.

And last... If you're so cynical as to believe that all the critics to date are just out for a buck, then why do you believe that people in Bush's cabinet are immune? Just what makes them righteous and the above mentioned heathens? See how really juvenile that viewpoint is?

May 24, 2004 12:18 PM Forum: Polls

Best TV News

Posted By Kevin Conville

No, I think I have it right James. Acting coy doesn't work here. Your comments were intended to convey a profit motivated interest in broadcasting Zinni, Clark, and (I suppose) O'Neil. By doing that you (seemingly) are dismissing the messages that Zinni, Clark, and O'Neil have.

"I don't think I said that Zini or anyone else was a traitor or just out for a buck"
No, but you implied there was a credibility issue. Clark and Zinni are very intelligent, honorable, and competent men. Their stories have the ring of truth IMO.

Language is powerful, and your characterization of 60 Minutes as "60 Ways to Lose a War" is intended to discredit the CBS outlet and therefore what Clark and Zinni have had to say. If this had been broadcast on Fox (yeah, right) would you be as dismissive? The only reason I chose CBS/60 Minutes is because of these reports. If they had occured on any other network I would give them recognition.

BTW, there will be no "winning" of this war, whatever that's supposed to mean.

Oh, and you'll have to forgive me if I'm not as lighthearted as you about this administration and this war. I'm a little preoccupied with the costs in lives, American credibility, and sheer dollars. For what?

June 2, 2004 12:54 AM Forum: Polls

Best President Since WWII BEGAN

Posted By Kevin Conville

Yup...

Reagan was a traitor and a boob

June 2, 2004 02:56 PM Forum: Polls

Osama Bin Laden would vote for..(if he could)

Posted By Kevin Conville

This one goes over the line for me too. This is in bad taste, period.

June 16, 2004 09:43 AM Forum: Polls

On the shelf there is a shirt made in the USA for $15 and one made in China for $10 I buy the...

Posted By Kevin Conville

For once I agree w/ you Patrick. I DO look at labels but I suspect most people are lying.

BTW, Made in America doesn't mean what it used to either. Who do you think is working in that factory making those "American" tee shirts?
Also, in some industries (like cars) many foreign companies are investing in the US while many US companies are divesting. Be a patriot- buy a Honda!

June 16, 2004 12:19 AM Forum: Polls

Kerry's VP

Posted By Kevin Conville

I don't get the question. Are we to vote for who Kerry will pick or who we want him to pick?

Ahemm... What about Clark!?

And the McCain part is a joke, right? As is Gore I'm sure.

June 21, 2004 12:30 AM Forum: Polls

Who is the best Starship Captain of these three?

Posted By Kevin Conville

(read like Kirk was delivering the line)

that Captain Kirk wouldn't get every red-blooded man's vote. Kirk was a man of ACTION! With a libido the universe couldn't contain. Big haired, push-up bra'd, mini skirted alien babes? Kirk knew how to handle THAT situation!

And, democracy be damned! Kirk didn't need endless conferences to make the big decisions. He knew how to run his ship and how to play poker with Romulans and Clingons.

Let's not forget he was also a bad-ass! This guy would've given Bruce Lee a run for his money. No designated hitter for him... Kirk loved a good brawl.

Yeah, Picard might appeal to the intellectual set, but come on! It's Star Trek!

And Janeway? Puleese.

June 21, 2004 12:37 AM Forum: Polls

Who is the best Starship Captain of these three?

Posted By Kevin Conville

Bravo! Bravo!

Perfect Paul, perfect!

June 29, 2004 08:58 AM Forum: Polls

When you ship my new $4000 scope to me please use...

Posted By Kevin Conville

I didn't vote because I don't have enough experience with them all to make an informed choice. Also, what your experience say, a year or two ago may not be relevant today.

In the past I'd ask the seller who they've had the least trouble with and go with that.

I will say however that of the packages I've received over the last couple of years, the ones that were the most beat up (generally) came by UPS. Not long ago there were some posts by people in the shipping industry that gave guidelines for packing regardless of who's carrying it. Bottom line- one CAN'T overpack things optical.

July 16, 2004 09:12 AM Forum: Polls

I prefer

Posted By Kevin Conville

They all bite. Conan's the only one who's actually funny, if you can stay up that late.