My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rusty Keeney

October 11, 2003 02:31 AM Forum: DVDs and Music and Books That You Recommend

Who's Ray Lynch?

Posted By Rusty Keeney

You'll either like his new age music, or hate it. My favorite album of his is Deep Breakfast, with the cuts "Celestial Soda Pop" and "Tiny Geometries" two of my all-time most-listened. Next best CD would be No Blue Thing, then Nothing above My Shoulders but the Evening, and The Sky of Mind.

See: http://www.raylynch.com/index.html
"Celestial Soda Pop" is the intro

February 10, 2004 04:05 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: Tube Currents

Posted By Rusty Keeney

OTOH, it's a solution to the dew problem....

September 19, 2003 02:48 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

How Much for a 9+" APO? Click and See!

Posted By Rusty Keeney

Oh, darn - my pedestal is only rated at 2490 lbs...and I had my checkbook out....

October 16, 2003 12:57 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Moonshine domes

Posted By Rusty Keeney

Not to mention they use 1/8" to 1/4" chopped fiberglass - awfully flimsy even for a 6' dome, and even if they were to deliver as promised.

October 19, 2003 11:52 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Home Remedy

Posted By Rusty Keeney

Isn't it an RJ plug? You should be able to get a replacement for some of the standard ones at Radio Shack. You will need a crimper for best results, but snip off the old plug if the wires are all different colors (save it so you'll know what colors go where)

Most RJ plugs don't require stripping the new wires (although you'll have to strip the shield somewhere aroung 3/8")

October 24, 2003 02:50 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Yeah - we are srewed up - ask your wife

Posted By Rusty Keeney

Yeah, email accounts are SO expensive...

Not to worry, in a month he wouldn't be able to pay his electric bill, so his 'puter won't run anyway...

October 27, 2003 12:58 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Bino Head Conversion

Posted By Rusty Keeney

Denkmeier is running a promo now - the Denk Standard with either the OCS (Barlow) or StarSweeper (Focal Reducer) for $599 - $220 down (incl $20 for shipping) and $66.50/mo for 6 months, no interest.

October 27, 2003 01:34 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Bizzaro 5" refractor

Posted By Rusty Keeney

No, I've been taking my medications regularly...

October 27, 2003 01:58 AM Forum: Home Observatories

skyshed

Posted By Rusty Keeney

No experience with the SkyShed, but a small A/C can cool things in the summer, and dehumidify also; I'm going to be moving to N GA or SE TN in about a year. I'm going to have an observatory, which will be air-conditioned and heated. For observing, only the computer room will enjoy the creature comforts.

I would certainly climate-control anyplace where computer or observicng gear is kept.

October 27, 2003 02:10 AM Forum: Celestron

Did a Nexstar No-No, need advice.

Posted By Rusty Keeney

Presuming it was in a case or a box, I'd agree with the dealer. There is virtually no way to stress the azimuth clutch if the scope isn't mounted. More than likely, as he pointed out, the vibrations loosened a set screw.