My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: John Love

November 8, 2002 06:22 PM Forum: Star Parties

Did someone say " STAR PARTY " ???

Posted By John Love

Is there anyone having star parties within about 2 hours driving distance of the Dallas / Ft Worth area? I need to get away from the light pollution for a weekend or two.

May 2, 2003 03:24 AM Forum: Home Observatories

May 2, 2003 03:24 AM Forum: Home Observatories

Do I have bad breath?

Posted By John Love

I posted the last message on this forum a few days ago and there has been no activity since! 8v)

John

June 13, 2003 09:12 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Me, ED and the AR-6

Posted By John Love

Here is my AR-6 on an old Edmund mount (from the mid 50s) that I am restoring and modernizing. Can't say much about the Grizzly to the right. 8v)

October 2, 2003 06:05 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Spiderman

Posted By John Love

This is how he looked when he found out his new mate was called the "Black Widow" 8v)

December 1, 2003 06:50 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

LX-50 Drive problems

Posted By John Love

I recently traded for a Meade LX-50 SCT. It has a couple of annoying problems with the drive system. Before I spend a lot of time working out a fix I though someone on this forum may have the answers.

I know there is a replacement set of gears to correct the speed and stalling problems on the Dec drive. Where can you get them?

On the RA drive when you slew East the drive makes a short pulse back to the West when the button is realeased.

Any input would be appreciated.

John

December 3, 2003 06:22 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: Amateur Astronomy & Amateur Radio?

Posted By John Love

I have had my license since 1977. I know of quite a few Hams that are astronomers. We have a group of observers here in north Texas and we use the radios quite a bit to chat about astronomy and telescopes and while we are traveling to observing sites.

John WD5IKX

January 16, 2004 02:34 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Camera Repair

Posted By John Love

Does anyone know where one could get an Olympus C3000 digital camera repaired for less than replacement cost?
A friend of mine had the lens assembly come out. 8v(

March 6, 2004 08:30 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

CG5 / Super Polaris

Posted By John Love

I need to know what the drive gear ratios are for both axis of a CG5 or Super Polaris and the clones of this type of mount. Are they 180:1 or 144:1 ? I am tinkering with a drive system for one of these mounts for a friend of mine.

May 9, 2004 03:17 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Comet NEAT

Posted By John Love

I took this image last night with my trusty old SXL8p camera with a 28mm lens. Thi is an average of four 5 minute exposures @ f2.8.