10-29-2007

ETX-125 OTA on CI-700 mount
HX-916 CCD
Color palette 05 added in Astro Art4

John Love CCD-Freak

November 9, 2007 02:24 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Holmes 7/11

Posted By John Love

It looks a lot like my image from last night. I tried to catch the tail, but the local light pollution won out 8v)

2m x 15 Blue filter
HX-916 CCD
ED-80
CI-700 mount guided with HX-516
Captured and processed in Astro-Art 4

John CCd-Freak

December 5, 2007 11:15 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

CI-700 Drive

Posted By John Love

I am still looking for this file....Can anyone help????

"I am repairing several bad CI-700 drive contollers. The hardware is all functioning and the only problem is the flash memory in the AT89c52 micro-controller is corrupt. I tried to read out a good AT89c52 but the flash memory area is locked. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the HEX file. I sent an e-mail to Celestron eventhough I know they no longer support the CI-700, and have heard nothing, "go figure".

December 6, 2007 02:53 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Cure for light pollution

Posted By John Love

This should take out a few lights. grin

December 14, 2007 01:39 AM Forum: Mounts

CI-700

Posted By John Love

I am still looking for help and information with the CI-700 drive.

"I am repairing several bad CI-700 drive contollers. The hardware is all functioning and the only problem is the flash memory in the AT89c52 micro-controller is corrupt. I tried to read out a good AT89c52 but the flash memory area is locked. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the HEX file. I sent an e-mail to Celestron eventhough I know they no longer support the CI-700, and have heard nothing, "go figure". Bv(

Does anyone know if the drive was manufactured by an outside source like Tangent Instruments for Celestron?

I hope someone can help me out.

John

December 14, 2007 01:41 AM Forum: Celestron

CI-700

Posted By John Love

"I am repairing several bad CI-700 drive contollers. The hardware is all functioning and the only problem is the flash memory in the AT89c52 micro-controller is corrupt. I tried to read out a good AT89c52 but the flash memory area is locked. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the HEX file. I sent an e-mail to Celestron eventhough I know they no longer support the CI-700, and have heard nothing, "go figure". Bv(

Does anyone know if the drive was manufactured by an outside source like Tangent Instruments for Celestron?

John

December 14, 2007 03:25 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

CI-700 Drive

Posted By John Love

John

January 9, 2008 07:08 PM Forum: Mounts

Holy Cow -- Just got a unitron!

Posted By John Love

Yeah...When I was a kid I lusted for a 4" 5" or 6" Unitron as my dream scope. Those long white tubes on those black mounts with bronze gears and silver knobs were just plain sexy. I get to use a 6" at the local university from time to time and I still love em.

John CCD-Freak

January 26, 2008 10:00 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Sharpless Group in Auriga

Posted By John Love

NICE SHOT !!!!!

I wish I could get 15+ hours of clear sky to devote to one object. 8v)

John CCD-Freak