My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: John Love

May 18, 2004 03:08 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Comet NEAT - Sunday evening

Posted By John Love

I just posted a picture of C/2001 Q4 NEAT. I took this Sunday evening through thin high clouds. Six 1m images were averaged and light pollution was subtracted. I used a 135mm lens @ f4 with my SXL8p camera.

John

July 16, 2004 05:29 PM Forum: Pet Pics

Phobos

Posted By John Love

This is my son and his cat Phobos. He is just a BIG "pussy-cat" grin

July 26, 2004 11:39 PM Forum: Pet Pics

Cat Bunk

Posted By John Love

This is what a cat bunk bed looks like. "Tigger the Hut" is on top and "Mini-Me" (the clone of "Doctor Evil") is on bottom. You never know what a cat will do next. grin

July 26, 2004 11:50 PM Forum: Telescope Making

LXD-55 Tripod

Posted By John Love

This is the tripod I just built for a Meade LXD-55 mount I recently aquired. The factory tripod wiggled so bad that the scope was almost useless. It is amazing what a good tripod can do. I have not even taken the time to stain or paint it because I am using it. I was thinking of building a few of these for sale since I like mine so much.

August 27, 2004 05:51 PM Forum: Pet Pics

Cats and Water

Posted By John Love

Who said cats and water don't mix? Mini-Me never heard that saying before. grin

October 27, 2004 05:30 PM Forum: Star Parties

Eldorado Star Party

Posted By John Love

Does anyone know how the Eldorado Star Party went. I was at Okie-Tex but was interested in ESP and its weather this year. I hate it that both starparties were on the same weekend because I would like to attend both.

Attached is ESP-2003

March 25, 2005 06:51 PM Forum: Home Observatories

OBO

Posted By John Love

No...It is not a musical instrument! grin

It is a Smart Shed by "Thinking Outside" . After seeing the "One Day Observatory" article in AA-42 I decided it was just what I needed for a "Cheap and Dirty" observatory. I have been thinking of naming it the "Outside the Box Observatory" or "OBO" for short. I still have many improvements that I want to make.

April 28, 2005 10:32 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Re: My Meade Frankenstein

Posted By John Love

We call that a "Frankenscope" grin

May 26, 2005 08:35 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Where did he go?

Posted By John Love

I responded to ad #351117 and made a deal. Now I can't find the ad, the AM user, or my money. Fortunately it was only 45 bux. I wonder who else he got to.

John

August 30, 2005 06:14 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Re: Ugliest Scope Contest!

Posted By John Love

I found this picture on the internet. This scope is ugly and scarey to boot. Great at detecting earthquakes on the floor of the Pacific ocean too.