My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: John Love

January 6, 2015 07:32 PM Forum: Mounts

Mount CI700 cables

Posted By John Love

Are both motors pulsing? If not swap the RA & Dec cable to see if the problem switches motors. If it does then it is most probably a cable problem. If the problem stays with one of the outputs you may have a corrupt micro controller. I have two controllers with this problem and I have not been able to come up with the HEX file to reprogram the controller. There is no factory support. Good Luck!!

March 24, 2015 06:46 AM Forum: Mounts

Greased and oiled

Posted By John Love

Charles Stevenson said:

I found that Goo Gone and a toothbrush were able to cut through the old grease (that had the consistency and viscosity of old rubber cement) much better than alcohol. Another rainy day I'll do the RA motor...

I have always referred to that grease as...."Gorilla Snot". (o:

August 13, 2015 06:35 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Gas Prices Going BALLISTIC Again...

Posted By John Love

I just bought gas for 2.20 / gal today in North Texas....Wonder how long that will last???

August 18, 2015 07:08 AM Forum: Camping and Outdoors

New R-pod Camper

Posted By John Love

Congratulations Pete...

You will enjoy the r-Pod. Getting my Casita was the best thing I have done for making star parties and imaging trips more comfortable. Add a solar panel and you are good to go even when hookup are not available. I have been out "off grid" for up to 10 days so far and have been able to "sleep in" after the sun comes up. (never able to do that in a tent) We are heading to Okie-Tex in a few weeks.

John
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX
Casita-Freak

July 28, 2016 07:52 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M57 - colorful Ring Nebula

Posted By John Love

Gotta love good seeing!!! (^8
We get too little of it. )^8

John
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX

June 30, 2017 07:05 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

80mm Superfinders... Mysterious.

Posted By John Love

That looks like a University Optics "Kit Scope" Mine doesn't have a Unitron lens cover though.

John
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX