10-26-2007

ETX-125 OTA on CI-700 mount
HX-916 CCD
Color palette 05 added in Astro Art4

John Love CCD-Freak

November 5, 2007 11:10 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Any Help

Posted By John Love

I answered an add for an OTA and the seller and I made a deal. He had good ratings and seemed to be knowledgeable about astro equipment. It has been 8 days since the PayPal transaction, NO OTA, and I have not been able to get any e-mail responces and his add and user profile have disapeared. How can I get some background info on him so I can try to rectify this?

Thanks

John

December 2, 2007 07:52 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

CI-700 Drive

Posted By John Love

I am repairing several bad CI-700 drive contollers. The hardware is all functioning and the only problem is the flash memory in the AT89c52 micro-controller is corrupt. I tried to read out a good AT89c52 but the flash memory area is locked. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the HEX file. I sent an e-mail to Celestron eventhough I know they no longer support the CI-700, and have heard nothing, "go figure".

John

December 5, 2007 03:16 PM Forum: Mounts

CI-700

Posted By John Love

I am repairing several bad CI-700 drive contollers. The hardware is all functioning and the only problem is the flash memory in the AT89c52 micro-controller is corrupt. I tried to read out a good AT89c52 but the flash memory area is locked. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the HEX file. I sent an e-mail to Celestron eventhough I know they no longer support the CI-700, and have heard nothing, "go figure".

I hope someone can help me out.

John

December 6, 2007 04:09 PM Forum: Celestron

CI-700

Posted By John Love

I hope someone can help me out.

John

January 30, 2008 11:14 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

CI-700 Drive Control

Posted By John Love

I am still looking for help and information with the CI-700 drive.

"I am repairing several bad CI-700 drive contollers. The hardware is all functioning and the only problem is the flash memory in the AT89c52 micro-controller is corrupt. I tried to read out a good AT89c52 but the flash memory area is locked. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the HEX file. I sent an e-mail to Celestron eventhough I know they no longer support the CI-700, and have gotten nowhere with them. I even asked if I could send some controller chips to them for programming and have gotten no responce. Bv(

I checked and Tangent Inst did not build these controllers. Does anyone know who did?

I hope someone can help me out since Celestron is being NO help.

John

May 11, 2008 09:01 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M51 Again

Posted By John Love

I think everyone shot M51 recently soooo, here is my contribution. 8v)

Lum = 70m
RGB = 40m each
5m subs

8" f5 Newt w / MPCC on CI-700
HX-916 CCD Binned 2x2 to deal with seeing
HX-516 Guider with ED80
Captured, Guided and processed in Astro-Art V4

Taken at the LBJ Grasslands north of Decatur, TX
This is the first LRGB shot made with this system.

John
CCD-Freak

October 21, 2008 01:58 PM Forum: Star Parties

Eldorado Star Party

Posted By John Love

ESP is less than a week away. Who all is going?

My friend Wes and I built this portable wind screen observatory for star-parties. We sure could have used it at ESP 2006. What a blow!
The picture is from Okie-Tex star-party last month and it worked great there. It made a world of difference in how comfortable we were when the wind blew.
It also kept the wind from disturbing the scope while imaging and blocks stray light. The white roof awning is not part of the "observatory" it was just for shade.

John
CCD-Freak

May 22, 2009 05:11 AM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

How Global Warming started

Posted By John Love

I found this on the Net so it must be "TRUE". 8)

August 4, 2010 11:06 AM Forum: Landscape Photography

Teton Range Panorama

Posted By John Love

I was at the Grand Teton NP yesterday and I took this panorama. It is reduced to about 25% of the origional for posting.

What a fantastic place!!!

John
CCD-Freak