My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: John Love

January 9, 2012 04:10 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Imaging Site

Posted By John Love

Does anyone know who has the "Starkey Remote Site" Clear Sky Chart near Nocona, Texas???

http://cleardarksky.com/c/SRSTXkey.html?1

I am looking for an imaging site in that area and would like to see what they have.

Thanks

John
CCD-Freak
Whitesboro, Texas

March 9, 2012 10:07 AM Forum: Pet Pics

Mini-Me

Posted By John Love

Mini-Me and the amazing pristine scratching post. Notice the condition of "her" chair. The scratching post is sitting in the same spot I put it when we got it almost a year before.

I once read...
"The ancient Egyptians worshiped cats as Gods...and cats have NEVER forgotten this." (o;

John
CCD-Freak

March 15, 2012 09:40 AM Forum: N.A.S.A.

Nasa Education Hour

Posted By John Love

I happened to catch a live interview between two NASA technical people and some students of "West End High School". It was painful to watch the NASA guys attempting to answer really STUPID questions from some of the students including a football question!!! If this is the caliber of our latest crop of high school students we are in DEEP trouble. No wonder NASA has trouble with funding if the general public and politicians have no idea or real interest in what they are doing. I bet those same students could tell you anything you wanted to know about "American Idol" or some other "pop culture" drivel. It was appalling. I have heard better questions from 1st graders.

February 2, 2013 08:48 AM Forum: Camping and Outdoors

Moonlight Manor

Posted By John Love

I just got the new "Moonlight Manor" for starparties and camping. How many other Casita owners are out there? I see them at Okie-Tex and ESP.

John
CCD-Freak

August 11, 2013 03:31 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Re: How many is too many!

Posted By John Love

Is this a rhetorical question? (o:
I though one could never have too many scopes.

September 14, 2014 12:00 PM Forum: ASTRONOMY

Re: back to your roots

Posted By John Love

I also started with a Sears 60mm EQ refractor that I got for Christmas in 1967. I used it until I built an 8" reflector in late 1970. I have many scopes now but not my first....I wish I had kept it.

John
CCD-Freak

August 15, 2016 06:50 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Interesting reading

Posted By John Love

http://www.flassbeck-economics.com/how-climate-change-is-rapidly-taking-the-planet-apart/

December 5, 2002 11:18 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

DD-1 controller woes

Posted By John Love

If you are using an AC adapter it may have a bad filter capacitor or rectifier. I had this happen on a scope once and it went totally nuts. AC "ripple" was leaking into the circuit. I replaced the adapter and all was well. If you are using battery power then it will be something else. Most of these controllers are pretty simple, so you might replace the chip that is connected to the pushbuttons first. Also check the voltage regulator IC. A LM78L05 is +5v LM78L12 is +12v etc. Most of these units have them.

Good Luck

John

April 28, 2003 10:15 AM Forum: Home Observatories

SSMO

Posted By John Love

I just found this thread. Where did you get the dome? Is it a Poly-Dome? About how much do they cost?

Thanks

John aka CCD-FREAK

June 13, 2003 07:49 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Me, ED and the AR-6

Posted By John Love

The picture was taken just north of Bowie. We have a small group that gets together about once a month. "Star-Gazers" on Yahoo groups. I live in the Denton area. What is your location?

John