My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: John Love

March 6, 2004 08:25 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Cats Eye

Posted By John Love

That is what I would call "Tele-Macro" photography.
Great shot.

John

April 26, 2004 08:55 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Scopes please Scopes

Posted By John Love

Here is my trusty old Meade RG880. I have updated the drives and it has encoders. Great optics and very stable. This picture is from the Okie-Tex starparty 2001.

May 24, 2004 05:54 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Clock Drive Kit w/ Built in Drive Corrector?

Posted By John Love

Hi Joel

I built those drive controllers for Apogee and sad to say the source for the motors we were using "dried up". I still have some of the boards if you want to "roll your own". The circuit is pretty simple and could be modified to run different 6 wire stpper motors. It would require some skill to assemble the boards and modify the circuit. I am currently working on a prototype dual axis drive using these boards.

June 18, 2004 05:34 PM Forum: Star Parties

Houston Star Parties/Dark Spots

Posted By John Love

Hi Ed

I would be interested in the list as well. I live north of Dallas and try to get to darkl skies as often as possible. The "Hill country" has some good skies and is less humid than Houston. I have been wanting to camp and observe at Enchanted Rock SP.

It looked pretty dark last time I drove through the Centerville area.

John

June 23, 2004 05:35 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Spider with new macro combo

Posted By John Love

I love Macro. Here is my "Spider Man" It looks like he just found out why they call his mate the "Black Widow"

July 16, 2004 05:23 PM Forum: Star Parties

New Mexico - Enchanted Star Party - Oct

Posted By John Love

Are you coming on up to the Okie-Tex star party the following week? Lots of room to set up, great DARK skies, great people and great food.
Black Mesa area has lots to do in the day as well. It is about as dark as TSP because it is 45 miles from "nowhere" grin

July 28, 2004 10:41 PM Forum: Pet Pics

Cat Bunk

Posted By John Love

Did this leave everone speechless? grin

July 30, 2004 09:26 PM Forum: Pet Pics

Platypuss

Posted By John Love

That looks like total relaxation to me! grin

August 3, 2004 05:44 PM Forum: Mounts

Improving an older Meade EQ mount?

Posted By John Love

I have one of the RG mounts and don't rally have any problems with the Dec axis. I have moved the stock RA gear to the Dec axis and installed a Beyers 8" gear. The scope is presently driven with steppers and the Tech-2000 DDR-II system. I plan to "Bartelize" it soon.

August 17, 2004 05:35 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Tech2000 Dob Drive

Posted By John Love

I have been using the DDR-II for several years on an equatorial mount. It is great for visual use because I don't have to do a precision polar alignment to get good tracking. I have also used it with an auto-guider for CCD work. The picture show my 8" Meade RG-880 at the Okie-Tex Star Party. I have motors on a second mount and I plan to put motors on my son's Dob. I bought the Robo-Scope software, but I need to install the jack on the handbox for the PC interface. (anyone know where I can get the RJ jack? )