My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: David Tarshis

August 21, 2003 09:28 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Star projector

Posted By David Tarshis

I would like to make my daughters room, planetarium like. Nothing fancy, just the resemblance of a night sky on the ceiling. I'm looking for any and all suggestions. I'd like to keep it simple and low budget. I'll be going to the Mars party at the Murdock planetarium at the OMSI here in Portland OR. on the 23rd. I'm sure I'll get some idea's there too. Thanks.

September 8, 2003 10:59 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Best ep's for my c9.25?

Posted By David Tarshis

I would like to know what ep's you 9.25 owners have in your stock. My next scope will be something in the 3-4" refractor range. I would like to know what ep's would compliment both. Here is my ep stock so far:
Celestron ultima's 18,35,42
Nagler 31
Pentax smc 10.5 xl
Orion 50
I need something in the 22mm range, (another nag?)
I have also considered the tak le 5. I enjoy dso's and planetary viewing.
Oh and 2.5 powermate and 2.8 klee are in my stock, here is my list of mag's with all the above mentioned:
47,55,67,75,130,139,156,167,188,223,326,367,573,626 power
As you can see, I'm have some gaps the a 22 would fill in nice, or correct me if I'm wrong. The 22 would give me 106,267,298 power
I realize that anything above 250-300 would be too much, I just included these numbers because I just did the math. Thanks, Dave

September 8, 2003 07:23 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Nagler type 4 and 6?

Posted By David Tarshis

Why is there a 75.00 price difference between the 11 and 13 type 4's, and 12mm type 6? What is the basic diffenece between these ep's? Thanks

September 22, 2003 02:54 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Phone conversation with Harry

Posted By David Tarshis

Harry (of Siebert Optics) informed me that if you purchase his ep’s, he personally collimates and matches the ep’s. He puts a small white dot on the ep for alignment, which makes for easy merging. I find this a buying point for the Black Night binoviewers and ep’s. He is also offering 24.5mm ep’s in his inventory, it’s just not on the web site yet. I wonder if Denkmeier does anything like that? Black Nights are leading the pack for me so far.

September 25, 2003 01:21 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Our family trip to OSP 2003

Posted By David Tarshis

http://home.comcast.net/~grumpy232/OSP/osp.htm

Enjoy my amateur web site, let me know what you think! Thanks

September 27, 2003 03:05 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Another binoviewer on the market!

Posted By David Tarshis

Lumicon BinoViewer, how new are these? Has anyone tried these?

http://www.lumicon.com/binov.htm

October 1, 2003 01:04 PM Forum: Binoviewers

24.5 Ultra Plus Wide Angle vs 24 Panoptic

Posted By David Tarshis

Has anyone done a comparison of these two ep's? Thanks
(please no flame war, just the facts, thanks)

October 1, 2003 01:30 PM Forum: Eyepieces

24.5 Ultra Plus Wide Angle vs 24 Panoptic

Posted By David Tarshis

Has anyone done a comparison of the two? Thanks

October 11, 2003 08:43 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Newbie questions...

Posted By David Tarshis

I'm about to receive my om-1. My questions are:
1) For piggy back, prime focus, what's the minimum mount? I have c9.25 on a Vixen sp right now and its on its limit!

2) film? I have an idea from reading post's, what's a good starting film?

3)would like some suggestions on some objects that wont discourage me. I'm thinking of starting with the moon, and go from there. M31 is a ideal target for me, would like to work my way up to it smile

There happens to be a "lens for om1" post I'll be keeping an eye on. Thanks, Dave

October 15, 2003 02:14 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

What will replace this controller?

Posted By David Tarshis

I got this controller and motor in a generic box. The controller doen't work, but I bought it that way. As far as I know it is a Sky-watcher. I would like to know what controller will replace this one, and where can I get the dec motor for it. This is for the Vixen SP or CG-5. Thanks