New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Angel Gomez

August 8, 2003 01:50 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars - 2001 / 2003

Posted By Angel Gomez

Hello,

I found an image from June 2001 and wanted to share it as a point of reference. Sirtis Major looks quite different this go around.

Also, any ideas as to the brighter feature near Sirtis Major (arrow pointing at it)? I checked and its also present in Wesley's recent Mars image.

Regards,

Angel

August 8, 2003 02:02 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Calling Mars experts.

Posted By Angel Gomez

Hello friends,

I would like somebody to help me identify the bright spot near Syrtis Major on the image attached. I looked at an image of Wei of the same region taken back in mid July and it is not there. However, an image taken this week by Wesley does show the same brightening. If the weather cooperates I will try to image this area this weekend to monitor any changes. Any ideas?

Best,

Angel

August 29, 2003 02:54 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

What's with the blue ?

Posted By Angel Gomez

Hello friends,

Hope everybody had a great and rewarding time observing Mars over the past couple of days.

Quick question for the "multi-apparition" observers: Can the blue tint seen on my attached photo be fog (North Pole)? I know some people are going to jump out and say its atmospheric dispersion. I was under the same impression until I saw a Hubble image from Mars on the front page of the Miami Herald and it had the same blue tint.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Angel

January 25, 2004 07:00 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter 1/23/04 - TEC200 Mak

Posted By Angel Gomez

Hello friends,

Finally took the scope out for a brief imaging session. Jupiter was still low, but I did not feel like sticking around until well after midnight. Glad to see most of the old crew is still around.

Wes, saw your image of Saturn in S&T, very nice. Congrats.

Best,

Angel

February 8, 2008 05:44 PM Forum: Meteorites & Meteors

Meteorite stolen from WSP.

Posted By Angel Gomez

Hello,

Not sure if any of you came across this story, but a rather expensive specimen was stolen from the WSP.

Too bad one bad apple is going to spoil the party for so many folks. I can only hope the perpetrator is caught and the meteorite returned to its owner. For those of you who are active on this side of the hobby, please keep your eyes open for this meteorite.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami_dade/story/411134.html

Regards,

Angel

February 12, 2008 05:28 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Need help with ID of this wildlife

Posted By Angel Gomez

Posting this here hoping somebody can help me ID this “wildlife”. Found it my driveway in Miami. It looks and wiggles like a caterpillar, but I’ve never seen one like this before. Could it be the caterpillar of a moth? It is about 2 ¾ inches in length in case that helps.

I have two eager kids looking for answers so any help will be appreciated. 8O

Regards,

Angel

December 5, 2008 06:25 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

South Florida Missile Defense System

Posted By Angel Gomez

Who said folks in Alaska are the only ones getting their very own ICBM interceptors?

With the help of my daughters we decided to assemble our very own missile defense. I'm happy to report South Florida is much safer now. The ladder in the back leads to the super secret command post made to look like a tree house / tiki hut.

The axil of evil will never know what hit them!

June 26, 2009 10:52 AM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

Souvenir for Roland from the streets of San Fran.

Posted By Angel Gomez

Me thinks your pony could use a stable mate.

Enjoy,

Angel

April 3, 2010 06:04 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Humpback

Posted By Angel Gomez

Off the mouth of Banderas Bay, Puerto Vallarta (Mexico). I had seen these before, but never so many and sooo close. Glad I brought the camera along.

Regards,

Angel

March 4, 2011 09:27 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Nice gators

Posted By Angel Gomez

It was fun to see the gators relaxing under the sun with friends and family.

Shark Valley, Florida Everglades.

Angel