My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Don Wyman

January 29, 2005 02:47 PM Forum: Binoviewers

TV-102i on the way

Posted By Don Wyman

Just bought a used TV-102i. That's the version with the tube shortened 5" so you can use a binoviewer without a compensator lense.

Does anyone else have one or have any experiences with one they can share?

January 30, 2005 09:09 AM Forum: Refractors

Picked up used TV-102i

Posted By Don Wyman

Couldn't help myself. It just looked so lonely there on Astromart. Anyone else have one of these and can share some tips or experience?

February 8, 2005 06:40 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Can we put this crap to rest and talk about Binos

Posted By Don Wyman

Enough already with the grade school infighting. Man this stuff gets old and it's the same baloney with different names. Let's get back to talking about binoviewers.

Don Wyman

February 12, 2005 10:33 AM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

The Sun Today!!!!!!!

Posted By Don Wyman

Ohmigod get out there now! Huge prominences, several good sunspots. The sun seems to be completely encircled by prominences, big and small.

This is my first time out with my TV-102i, SM60 and Burgess Binoviewer. Incredible combination. Surface features are wonderful and so are the prominences. I only wish I weren't such a klutz when it comes to imaging the sun.

Don W

February 12, 2005 11:53 AM Forum: Binoviewers

First light with TV-102i

Posted By Don Wyman

Ohmigod get out there now! Huge prominences, several good sunspots. The sun seems to be completely encircled by prominences, big and small.

This is my first time out with my TV-102i, SM60 and Burgess Binoviewer and Unistar Light mount. Incredible combination. Surface features are wonderful and so are the prominences. I only wish I weren't such a klutz when it comes to imaging the sun.

February 12, 2005 11:54 AM Forum: Refractors

First light with TV-102i

Posted By Don Wyman

This is my first time out with my TV-102i, SM60 and Burgess Binoviewer and Unistar Light mount. Incredible combination. Surface features are wonderful and so are the prominences. I only wish I weren't such a klutz when it comes to imaging the sun.

February 12, 2005 12:09 PM Forum: Refractors

TV-102i with extension tubes

Posted By Don Wyman

Here's a picture of the TV-102i with the 2" and 3" extension tubes attached. I was surprised to find that I needed the 2" extension when using the Burgess Binoviewers. I wonder if it's needed with the Denkmeier or Televue units?

March 10, 2005 04:54 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Re: NEW ETX-PST40

Posted By Don Wyman

How did you find out and when do I get my first royalty check? Seems to me that I came up with the idea but you did it better.

Don W

July 12, 2005 08:13 PM Forum: TeleVue

20 Nagler Type 5 VS 22 Nagler Type 4

Posted By Don Wyman

Trying to decide between these two. I'm replacing my old workhorse 22 Panoptic for use in my 18" f/4.5 Obsession. Any thoughts?

Don W

July 23, 2005 11:45 AM Forum: Telescope Making

Need Ideas for Powered Ground Board

Posted By Don Wyman

Looking for examples of powered groundboards for dobs similar to the ServoCat system.

Don Wyman