My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Don Wyman

February 16, 2004 06:14 PM Forum: Celestron

Question about the 9.25"

Posted By Don Wyman

I think it's a myth. If you want to see a difference, go to the C11.

I've had them side by side too, and if both are properly collimated and cooled, the C11 will run circles around the 9.25"

Don W

February 21, 2004 07:22 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

collimation tool for refractor

Posted By Don Wyman

One of the best reasons for buying a refractor is that you don't need to collimate it. Unless you drop it from a second story window or some other awful mishap, it should retain its collimation indefinitely.

Don W

February 25, 2004 03:15 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

February 28, 2004 06:02 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

What do you think, Legit or Scam?

Posted By Don Wyman

Link doesn't work.

March 1, 2004 10:54 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

MO As Good As Cash?

Posted By Don Wyman

That's not true for Postal Money Orders. It may be so for Bank Money orders though.

Also if you use a Postal Money Order and the deal goes sour and the goods aren't delvered, it can be considered Mail Fraud and the Postal Inspectors will get involved.

Don W

March 2, 2004 09:33 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Is this the Vixen stamp?

Posted By Don Wyman

Yup, that's the stamp. Here it is on a rare Celestron/Vixen 70mm Triplet Semi-Apo.

Don Wyman

March 6, 2004 09:45 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

March 9, 2004 03:21 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Tell me what you think?

Posted By Don Wyman

Sounds fair to me, Floyd. You've bent over backwards to rectify the problem. Why send him a check for a discount after the fact? I'd rather he shipped it back to me too.

A few years ago I sold an item that I had mis-identified as a more expensive model. I refunded the money plus his original shipping costs plus what it cost him to ship it back to me. Lost money in the long run, but I felt that I did the right thing.

Don Wyman

March 16, 2004 02:08 AM Forum: Celestron

C-11 OTA on GP mount+ SS2K

Posted By Don Wyman

Wow, that's quite a load, but having owned that mount and drive system, I can believe it will be fine for visual use.

I used to have a Vixen Super Polaris mount upon which I mounted a mid-80's Astrophysics 6" f/8 refractor. It creaked and groaned a bit but it worked .

Don Wyman

March 19, 2004 12:28 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Astrophotography with C6-RGT

Posted By Don Wyman

I have one, but don't really plan on doing much imaging. The mount is too shaky with that long OTA. I will be using the mount with some smaller scopes for imaging.

Don W