Terry Wood

Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: ANJAL SHARMA

April 4, 2008 03:49 PM Forum: Guns and Hunting Optics

Crossing state lines with firearms - legal?

Posted By ANJAL SHARMA

Anyone done this? Is it legal? I didn't really know and rather than take a chance, I took the easy way out and sold my Colt 1911-style .45ACP pistol and .22LR conversion kit and my Benelli 12ga. shotgun before I moved from PA to TX. In retrospect, I should have done whatever was necessary to legally move them down with me. I really liked those guns.

April 13, 2008 03:43 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Lunar images with the SPC900NC

Posted By ANJAL SHARMA

I had a chance to test out my wife's SPC900NC a couple nights ago on the moon and on saturn. Here's an image taken with this webcam using my APM 130/780 LW triplet apo and a 4X powermate. Seeing was rather bad, but the webcam shows promise and seems to perform better in low light compared to my ToUcam (740K). 5fps, shutter setting slider all the way to the left (I think that's 0.2 sec exposure?), gain 0% brightness 50%, contrast 50%, saturation 50%. I have no idea what this region is called....perhaps some of you do.

Anjal.

April 13, 2008 03:52 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn with SPC900NC

Posted By ANJAL SHARMA

I really pushed the limits of my APM 130/780 LW apo for this one. I stacked a 2X ultima barlow on top of my 4X powermate for this one. I have no idea what magnification I was working at, and I'm sure that it hurt the resolution quite a bit. I didn't have a chance to image it with only the 4X powermate as the clouds rolled in right after this. 5 fps, 0.2 sec exposure, gain 50%, brightness 90%, contrast 50%, saturation 50%. Seeing was horrible and I think I need to play some more with the exposure settings, but at least the image isn't a dim blob like I always got with my ToUcam (740K) under these insane magnification conditions. This webcam certainly seems to be better suited than my old ToUcam. Perhaps it's time to retire it (well, exchange it for the SPC900NC with my wife).

Anjal.

April 13, 2008 05:02 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Heart in Halpha

Posted By ANJAL SHARMA

With the new FS-60C. Atik 16HR. 23nm omega H-alpha filter. 8x600sec. Darks and bias frames, but no flats. This was only 15 degrees above the horizon and since the light dome from the city is pretty horrible in the north, I was pleased to be able to get something!

Anjal.

May 8, 2008 01:05 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M82 RGB

Posted By ANJAL SHARMA

Took this over the weekend. R:G:B 8x120s. Processed in DSS and PS CS2. Taken with the APM 130/780 apo on Atlas EQ-G mount using the ATIK 16HR and Orion CCD RGB filters.

Anjal.

May 8, 2008 01:13 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M82HaRGB

Posted By ANJAL SHARMA

I also took H-alpha data using my wider bandpass 23nm Omega H-alpha filter and combined it with the RGB data in my previous post as Luminance. I'm hoping to go back and redo the H-alpha data with a narrower 7nm filter that's coming in today or tomorrow. I should be able to capture the H-alpha jets emanating from the galactic core with far better results with the new filter. Anyway here is the image.

May 8, 2008 01:18 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M3 globular cluster RGB

Posted By ANJAL SHARMA

Taken a couple weekends ago. APM 130/780 and ATIK 16HR. 4x300s. R:G:B. Darks and Bias but no flats. Processed in IRIS and PS CS2.

Anjal.

May 8, 2008 01:40 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Lunar composite

Posted By ANJAL SHARMA

A 4 panel composite taken in mid March. Finally had a chance to process the vidoes last night. Taken with the SPC900NC at 5 fps, APM 130/780 and 4X Powermate. The individual panels are around 100 frames of 1200 each. Individual panels prepared in Registax and mosaic assembled in PS CS2.

May 8, 2008 05:33 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M82 HaGB

Posted By ANJAL SHARMA

This one is where I replaced the Red channel in the RGB image of M82 in an earlier post (Message #592936) with the H-alpha image, colorized red in Photoshop CS2. The jets are a bit more pronounced now.

May 27, 2008 10:01 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Ring Neb. with the new Orion 7nm H-alpha filter.

Posted By ANJAL SHARMA

Hi guys,

I finally had an opportunity to test out the Orion 7nm H-alpha filter. It seems to work quite well. Check out this image of the ring nebula (2 x 10 min - no calibration frames at all, just lights) through the APM 130/780 using the ATIK 16 HR. I was shooting from my light polluted backyard, so the filter seems to work as advertised.

Anjal.