My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: arthur parizek

April 9, 2004 04:57 PM Forum: Telescope Making

16 Meade DeepSky Scope

Posted By arthur parizek

Hi- How do you remove the 4 inch secondary from the metal tubing that is attached to ? Looks like two layers of some material. I need to know a solvent that might dissolve the glue or whatever is holding it on. Anybody ever try to do this? Thanks a bunch
Regards
Keith Parizek

January 8, 2007 05:12 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Comet McNaught

Posted By arthur parizek

Hi- I just came down from my deck after observing this comet with my 20x110 binos. It is very low on the western horizon, but looked great. It showed a bright nucleus and a short tail. All this was observed in middle to late twilight and thru the Scottsdale, Phoenix, and west valley light dome. I can only imagine how good this would look from a really dark site. It has to be -2 mag by my guess. When it comes to perihelion in a few days my guess is that we should all be on the lookout for a daylight comet.
Regards
Keith Parizek

December 1, 2013 05:34 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

First homemade scope

Posted By arthur parizek

Anyone remember C.W.Jamer of Manorville New York? His ads used to be in the back section of Popular Science magazine of the early 1940's. He sold lens kits for 2.95 and I made my first scope from these parts. Wish I had a picture of this contraption made of paper tubes whick had a tin can mount hung on a clothes line post.
Regards
Keith Parizek

May 20, 2014 06:42 AM Forum: Comets

C 2012 Pan Starrs

Posted By arthur parizek

Has anyone seen this comet? I have been clouded out and smoked out in Alpine.
Keith Parizek

August 24, 2014 06:33 AM Forum: Comets

Comet Jacques

Posted By arthur parizek

Looked at this comet last night from Alpine, Az. with 25x125 Nikons. Really easy to find in Casseopia It was also seen with 7x50 binos. Could not see any tail, but the coma is big and it must be in the 6 magnitude range. Regards
Keith Parizek

December 25, 2014 10:24 AM Forum: Comets

Comet Lovejoy

Posted By arthur parizek

I saw C/Lovejoy the last two nights. It is visible in 7x35 binos. THe viow in a 16 Meade RFT is great, but only coma seen and a no tail visible in my semi light polluted skies. Get out and have a look before we get more Moon to deal with
Regards
Keith Parizek

February 5, 2015 06:55 PM Forum: Comets

Lovejoy antitail?

Posted By arthur parizek

Tonight using my 20x110 binos I feel certain I could see an antitail on Lovejoy. I spent the last month using my 16 Meade reflector which showed beautiful coma. I never really looked for the tail. Just a day or so ago I started using the big binos and could see a tail even from my suburban sky, but I never noticed the anititail until tonite. I wish I had been using the binos all along. Can someone confirm the antitail? Maybe it is just a squashed coma or my eyes are playing tricks on me.
Regards
Keith Parizek

April 1, 2004 08:33 PM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Cave 6 in mirror

Posted By arthur parizek

Hi Duane- Keim Precesion Mirrors was a coating outfit in Southern California. I think I had my 24 inch Cass mirror coated by them about 1980 or so. They did good work. I had a terrible time getting anyone to accept it for shipment back and forth to Keim. When a shipping company would find out the value, they would call me up and tell me to come back and pick it up as they didn't want to be responsible for it. Finally, the old Air West airline here in Phoenix flew it over and back for 150 dollars which I thought was a bargain after all the monkey business I went through with the ground people.
Regards
Keith Parizek

September 18, 2004 07:32 AM Forum: Home Observatories

Noise

Posted By arthur parizek

Hi Darrell- I don't thnk you would find the noise objectionable. It certainly would not make as much noise as someones outside air conditioner running its cycle. I am sure with that small of a dome that hard rubber or even soft rubber caster wheels could be used which would make very little noise. With a big metal dome you do have a potential noise problem.
Regards
Keith Parizek

December 22, 2004 09:29 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Brain Picking Time.

Posted By arthur parizek

Hi Darrell- I live in Rio Verde and we have very strict CC&R's. They will not allow a separate structure in general. I solved this by making the observatory part of the house. It then has the same height, color, and material restrictions as the house because it is part of the house. Metal roofs are allowed so that is not a problem. The dome is 14 feet diameter. It's impact is softened by the big 14x40 foot deck that covers the patio. This deck has a 270 degree panorama of mountains and desert and it is fun to use my big binos from up there. Make your dome part of the house if possible and you most likely will avoid a lot of trouble.
Best Regards
Keith Parizek