My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Nico Taelman

September 18, 2003 03:04 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

RFT or SCT ?

Posted By Nico Taelman

I want to buy an extra OTA for a Synta EQ-6 mount. I have an 8" f4 to put on it and I was thinking about adding a 10" Meade SCT f6.3 OTA...or a 12" f4 Newton OTA...the thing is, I'd like to shoot the planets too so....

September 21, 2003 01:53 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

ETX cleaning

Posted By Nico Taelman

Hi, my ETX-scope has quite some dust on the optics. Could anyone tell me the best way to clean it? Is there a thrustworthy commercial cleaning solution/tissue?
Thanks.

September 26, 2003 01:07 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Synta EQ6 wheight capacity/large OTA's

Posted By Nico Taelman

Hi all, does anybody know the limit of wheight/tube dimensions for a Synta EQ6 mount. I have an 8" f4 Meade OTA but I would like to buy an Orion(UK) 12" f4 OTA to switch with the Meade. Its dimensions are about 14" diameter, 46" long and wheight is only 10 kg. There is also a 14" f4.6 (15 kg, 60" long) and a 12" f5.3 (12 kg, 60" long). I guess I would prefer the 12" f5.3 if it would be stable enough. This is my first Gem and I wouldn't want any accidents...I want to install the setup on a permanent pier for ccd-imaging.Thanks!!

September 26, 2003 12:04 PM Forum: Meade

Meade schmidt-newton on EQ-6

Posted By Nico Taelman

Hi there, I'm from Europe. I'm awaiting a Synta EQ-6 mount and would like to put my 8' f4 Meade schmidt-newton on it.
Could anyone give some directions for a stable way of mounting it? Rings or not?.... It's fork-mounted now and I do guess I'll have to do some drilling into the tube-ends...
Thanks a lot for any help.

September 28, 2003 02:13 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

RFOV for given ccd/telescope

Posted By Nico Taelman

Hi there, could anyone please tell me how to calculate Real Field of view for a given ccd-camera and telescope system. Is there freeware available and wich one is good? A formula will do too! Thanks...

October 3, 2003 03:24 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

White tube SCT's

Posted By Nico Taelman

Hi there,
Does Meade also sell SCT OTA's with white painting. They had them in the ads years ago with the LXD GEM's. I'm looking for a white 10" to 14" OTA...Would I better wait for a chance at the classifieds for maybe a 12"?
Thanks

October 8, 2003 03:02 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Help! ETX corrector cleaning

Posted By Nico Taelman

I'm leaving for Greece next saturday with my travelscope, an ETX-105 UHTC, the corrector has way too much dust on it, should I clean it using a alcohol-distilled water mixture??
Thanks for any help.
Nico

October 18, 2003 06:26 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Re: Greece Skies

Posted By Nico Taelman

Hi guys, I`m on vacation in Greece at the moment and I just wanted to share my happiness with the awesome skies here...
These aren`t mag 6+ skies,they look more like mag 7+ skies to me,unbelievable...M 31 as well as the double cluster,M13,and the Scutum and Saggitarius milky-way vistas look truly bright here!!!I look at the Pleiades and count more than 11 stars with the naked eye!!!When I get back home I`m defenitely moving to a dark-sky site!I live in a small town right now and I`m absolutely amazed!!
Nico

October 26, 2003 11:24 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Flame and Horsehead

Posted By Nico Taelman

Hi there, I just returned from a vacation in Greece and the skies up there are simply breathtaking. Keep in mind that I live in a city in Belgium and you can imagine how thrilled I really was and still am...I was however most amazed by the visibility of a few Nebulae. The Flame nebula was visible directly with the obvious darkening running through its middle and extending sideways. Using averted vision I could also make a slightly more gray background there where the horsehead nebula is and the little dark (though undetailed) dark knot of the horsehead itself...and all that with, YES, an ETX 105-EC and unfiltered 26 mm Super-Plossl; no kidding...I was always aware that my eyesight is pretty good but this however came totally unexpected to say the least...oh, did I say? M42 actually looked 3-dimensional as the dark cloud separating M 42-43 was clearly up-front...amazing...
Nico

October 30, 2003 01:16 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

help with finder

Posted By Nico Taelman

Hi all, I purchased a hybrid erecting prism (0.965" to 1.25") for using a quality 1.25" reticle eyepiece on my finderscope. The problem is I don't have enough in-focus to get focused...I plan on taking the tube to a local shop for cutting a 1/2" off as I see no other solution, could this result in other complications?
Thanks.
Nico