Posts Made By: Jeff Quinn

March 6, 2003 12:43 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Any Optical Engineers out there?

Posted By Jeff Quinn

I would recommend reading _Telescope Optics Evaluation and Design_ by Harie Rutten and Martin van Venrooij. This book covers the basics very well.

March 12, 2003 02:25 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Siebert review of Deepsky Binoviewer (Standard)

Posted By Jeff Quinn

What exactly is wrong with that (positive) review? If that is revenge, I would like some too.

Ok ok, I must reveal myself. I am a diehard Tele Vue bino-vue lover and would never buy a Siebert or Denkmeier binoviewer. I could settle for a BW optic in dire financial circumstances but NEVER would I choose the deep sky or Siebert. They are both great but I don't like them. . . . and I can't say exactly why . . . I think I am a Tele Vue and Astro-Physics groupie.

March 14, 2003 01:21 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Making a "Televue" type alt-az mount??

Posted By Jeff Quinn

Yes, I made one for a 4" refractor.

December 30, 2003 06:57 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Worth the price?

Posted By Jeff Quinn

Used Tele Vue plossls are better than new UO orthos. Don't find this out the hard way! You can find unabused preowned Tele Vue plossls for $60 each.

January 1, 2004 10:40 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Speers Waler new WA eyepieces

Posted By Jeff Quinn

Lol, no one has tried these. I think I will be the first. I'm telling you guys / gals that the 10mm was like a Nagler with 70* instead of 82.

January 5, 2004 03:23 AM Forum: Eyepieces

2" Konigs/Erfles & fast Newtonians

Posted By Jeff Quinn

They are very bad for edge sharpness if you are used to using them in . . say . . an f/10. Although, some are better than others, and some people actually like the 35mm Omcon erfle better than the 35mm Panoptic.