Posts Made By: Charles Peterson

March 7, 2004 12:38 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

11" EL handles 1000x

Posted By Charles Peterson

Just tried out my 11" F/5.4 ELT on Saturn, seeing is a good 9+. Dew started to form on the scope before dark, so the air is super steady. At 1000x the image is so sharp its unreal, a little dim but i am very impressed! I think this has to be the best optic i have ever owned, and i will add GO-TO or a EQ- platform.

So 5 out of 5 excellent Starmaster scopes has to tell you something!

Chas P.

March 9, 2004 12:51 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Sky Commander DSC website?

Can someone please send me a link to the Sky Commander DSC website. I cant find it anywhere, or in SKY-TELE!

Thanks Chas

March 10, 2004 01:21 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Argo Navis working

Looks like i got it figured out. I got low as warp +3, i think the Argo must be picky about what star you use.
With some stars i was getting warp numbers in the 20's.

Chas P.

March 20, 2004 12:50 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Detail on IO with 11" Starmaster

Had the 11" F/5.4 EL out last nite, with about 9 seeing using powers from 575x to 1000x. I could just make out some detail on IO, the detail won't jump out and bite you, but i did notice a kinda white area on the disk!
All four moons showed as nice sharp round balls at 575x, at 1000x the image starts to dim. The 11" EL just keeps on going!

Chas P.

May 1, 2004 01:34 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Re: What's a Truss Dob Worth Now-a-Days

I got a chance to see and touch two of your scopes at Chiefland, two weeks ago Michael. I was very impressed with the looks and super smooth motions!
I think the prices you charge are more than fair.

Chas P.

May 2, 2004 06:17 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

I was called very RUDE today

Hi all, after all the deals on Astromart i've made,i never had someone call me rude! A ad i placed on A-M today for 6&12mm Radians, some guy e mailed me and said, i am interested in the eyep's, i responded and said they are yours but please get let me know u want them. So i waited over 1.5 hours and he never got back with me. By that time another guy e mails me and SAYS I WANT THEM! So i sold the eyeps to him.

The first guy then e mails me back after 1.5 hours and says he wants them, i said they were sold! Anyway the guy says i am a very rude person for selling the eyep's to someone else, and will give me bad feedback.

I said go agead and give any feedback you want, i then told him i sell to the first person that says I WILL BUY IT!

Anyway for now on i wont ever say that the item is yours, unless you say I WILL BUY IT. So this is a mistake on my part.

Chas P.

May 6, 2004 05:32 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Quantum 6 questions

Just wondered if anyone has a Quantum 6, or has anyone used one? I have yet to ever use, or even see a Q-6 in the flesh! I just wanted to what you think of them.

Chas

June 9, 2004 12:31 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Ken Owen Warning

Got this in my message inbox!***********************
We are interested in buying your above mentioned product (15" Obsession with DSC's) at advertised rate of $3,800. Goods to be picked up from your location for onward shipping to London. Cost and modalities of shipping to be born by us.

Payment for the purchase is by check through a debtor in US. The debtor owes us higher than our purchase. He will therefore be sending you a check for $9,000 to cover the cost of our order, as well as the Shipping costs.

On receipt of the check, you will cash and deduct the cost of our order .The balance you will send as we would instruct you to the Agency that will ship the Goods to us. If this arrangement suites you fine, please send us your address where to send the check, as well as the name to be on it. Also send us your phone number for easy communication.

Looking forward to hearing from you through >[email protected]<.

Thank you.

Best Regards
MR. KEN OWEN
Like i would ship a 15" over seas anyway...

Chas P.

August 23, 2004 07:43 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Thanks Herb

Just updated my account info with my new number and address.

Thanks for a great site Herb!

Chas P.

September 22, 2004 10:11 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

People make me wonder!

I put a wanted ad out today for some older Televu WF's and Plossls. So some guy says make me a offer for his 15mm Telev wide field, so i e mailed back and offered $100!

Then the guy e mails me back and says no thanks. I would think $100 was a fair offer for a older 15mm Televu WF!

Just seemed like i made him mad, but he did say make a offer.

Chas P.