My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rob Moerschel

September 6, 2003 02:33 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Eyesight

Posted By Rob Moerschel

I can't believe all these posts I've been reading concluding that the images in a Mak or Newt are comparable to an APO with respect to contrast and sharpness. Its physically impossible through the laws of physics. For those of you that can't tell the difference or quote a minimal variance, I say congratulations as you'll save alot of money. Some people's retina sensitivity to detail is is more challenged and/or the eyesight is not experienced enough from an astronomical perspective.

Rob

October 1, 2003 02:36 AM Forum: Religion

Re: RE: Four major divisions of man

Posted By Rob Moerschel

I real life, out of the 4 stooges you mentioned, can you guess which ones are brothers?

Rob

October 4, 2003 09:27 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Edmund and UO orthos

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Any reason as to why the Edmund orthoscopics are ~$81 and the UO. orthos are only ~$55. Does Edmund use better glass and/or coatings or are they over-priced?

Rob

October 5, 2003 06:28 PM Forum: Religion

Intelligence?

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Here we go again. Israel attacks an alleged terrorist training base in Syria for a retaliation to the latest suicide bombings. I don't believe it was a terrorist base.
Is this based on more "intelligence". Speaking of which...lets go back a little...The IRAQ leadership said they had no WMD, the "intelligence" said yes. We'll there is none. N. Korea says they have WMD, the Intelligence says no. Who's to believe intelligence going forward?
Rob

October 31, 2003 06:36 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Full field of view?

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Quick question I was hoping someone can assist me with. Will I be able to utilize the entire field of view a 26mm Nagler Type 5 can provide in a C9.25 SCT (or any SCT?)? I would assume so, but want to make sure prior to spending the bucks. Of course, I would rather purchase one used here, but all I'm seeing are the Nagler 22 Type 4 and 31 Type5. Is their something wrong with the 26mm or does no one want to part with one? I could post a wanted ad, but not at this time.

Thanks,

Rob

November 25, 2003 11:00 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

High power eyepieces?

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Debating between the Nagler 2.5 T6, Pentax 2.5 XO and the TAK 2.8 LE for a high power eyepiece to accomodate my 1040mm APO. I'm more interested in contrast/sharpness of planetary objects instead of field of view and eye relief in 1.25" eyepieces. Any suggestions preferring one over the other.

Thanks,

Rob

December 15, 2003 07:22 PM Forum: Religion

Re: Good bye Saddam

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Saddam's capture = a premature pyrrhic victory

January 11, 2004 04:39 PM Forum: Religion

Paul O'Neill speaks

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Paul O'Neill comes out and speaks his knowledge to where the White House could not deny his allogations regarding Bush's war plans for Iraq PRIOR to 9/11. Is is possible they even new 9/11 was going to happen to order to build public war support? Their was talk Israel new about it. Sounds like the same concept to where FDR new about Pearl Harbor before it was going to happen to get us in WW2.

Rob

February 8, 2004 02:07 AM Forum: Religion

Re: What do you guys think about this?

Posted By Rob Moerschel

James,

I agree with you 100%. Just look at who owns most of the news networks. The best we can do is retreive information from several different sources and begin analyzing the data reflected from all points of view. Then, derive our own conclusions. My 2 cents.

Rob

March 11, 2004 03:02 AM Forum: Politics

Lets summarize the Bush years

Posted By Rob Moerschel

continues one-sided middle east foreign policy --> 9/11 --> excuse for Iraq War --> huge deficit and lousy economy

Rob